Manager - Visual Merchandising - Cherry Hill/Newark
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
Job descriptionJob Description
The ideal visual merchandising manager is a strong communicator, highly organized, and fashion-oriented. The visual merchandising manager is responsible for the coaching and development of in-store visual teams, while achieving strategic company objectives and visual merchandising consistency.
A day in the life...
- Knowledgeable in all visual merchandising strategies, and current trends to help sell product in the store and support company sales goals
- Transparent and consistent in all communication with leadership ensuring brand integrity
- Ensure proper understanding of visual merchandising directives, pertaining to all departments in terms of the customer, fashion-relevant styling and be knowledgeable in current trends, to help sell product that is in store today
- Provide support to merchandising, signing and implementation of visual merchandising direction at the highest level, with the ability to customize as appropriate to your store
- Ensure the successful execution of the in-store lighting program through proper installation, removal and adjustment of lighting, including promotional, general store and visual enhancement lighting
- Ensure all visual safety programs and protocols are upheld, including shop and visual space organization
- Previous experience at Nordstrom in visual merchandising
- Proven success in current role, with a strong record of driving results
- Strong organizational, delegation and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated the ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with store manager, regional support managers and other leaders
- Future Visual Leader graduate (preferred)