Manager Visual Merchandising, Special Projects and Stores
Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you will be required to also create a candidate home account with Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors job application.
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.Education
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required
- 5+ years of related work experience required
- 3+ years of supervisory or management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Autocad, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload in a fast paced, frequently changing environment while remaining detailed and organized
- Effective time management and organizational skills to handle large volume of projects through varying stages and scope
- Ability to pivot as needed and provide guidance and leadership to VM Specialist to stay on target and deadline without compromising results
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels in the corporate office and store teams
- Sound analytical skills, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Insight to recognize opportunities for process improvement and develop a plan to execute those initiatives
- Consistently apply sound judgment and operate professionally and ethically as a people leader and team member
- Ability to build and maintain strong working vendor relationships
- Design and implement out of the box in-store display and signage elements for each new and update store project or executive leadership initiative.
- Manage the new, update and special project store process cross functionally with the Field Project team and Store Operations including - creating store specific signage, ordering of all visual elements, staging/tracking deliveries and processing all store recaps up through Grand Opening.
- Lead the coordination with the VM Creative Specialist team to deliver customer centric brand experiences through new and enhanced visual merchandise presentation in all new, update and special project stores.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including VM Creative, Space Planning, Procurement, Store Design, Retail Operations, and outside vendors in distributing visual merchandising requirements needed for all new, update and special project stores.
- Develop 3D renderings of in-store design concepts and video walk-throughs of all new, update and special project stores.
- Create, maintain, and distribute in-store merchandise guidelines and standards to new and update stores in partnership with VM team.
- Create and distribute all distros and memos for new, update and special project stores.
- Lead or actively participate in projects as assigned by supervisor (special store projects, new shop launches, new stores, update stores, strategic expansions and department reset etc.)
- Drive Grand Opening activations through action planning.
- Provide hands-on training of VM standards to field team including adaptation by store if needed.
- Continually seeks out new and innovative solutions, creative ideas, and new vendors to further enhance our ability to elevate customer experience
- Supports and promotes a thorough understanding of Academy policies, procedures, and safety rules
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Up to 5% travel, overnight stays as required
Full timeEqual Employment Opportunity
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.