Marketing Operations Professional Lead, Jordan Brand Planning
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.
Here at Jordan Brand, we exist to unleash the Michael Jordan in everyone. The Greatest of All Time is looking for another teammate that is consumer driven and a savvy-rule-breaking-genius!
We are seeking an All-Star motivated to do the best work of their career on a hard-working team. Required is a by-any-means possible approach, a team-first attitude, and someone who thrives in the yet-to-be-defined. We’re looking for someone who has a thirst for learning and for doing new things. Those passionate about Jordan Brand and doing the best work of their career need apply.
As the Brand Planning Manager, you are focused on enabling the Brand Team to obsess strategy and creating a forward-thinking plan. You will help to shape and drive Jordan Brand’s growth agenda by leading the seasonal planning processes with the GEO Brand Marketing and Consumer Direction Marketing functions. You will catalyze action against our critical Brand priorities by driving integration, prioritization, and alignment.
You will independently work with cross-functional teams in North America Jordan, North America, and Global Jordan to drive the critical planning work.
Enabling the Offense: This role takes the lead for driving the seasonal brand planning offense with our Brand Management and Consumer Direct Marketing teams within Jordan and across into Nike North America. It is responsible for a) shaping and driving x-functional/x-construct alignment in our Brand Marketing direction, b) ensuring clear decisions are landed across key moments in our planning process to enable our priorities to be resourced & implemented, and c) measuring and distilling our performance into critical insights that fuel continuous learning and improvement.
- Ensure execution of an effective Brand Planning process, infrastructure, and process within the North America Jordan Marketing team and across into North America Nike.
- Work with the Global Jordan Brand Planning to have a seamless handoff process from global to North America of key content and seasonal planning materials.
- Lead internal communication efforts for key dates and gates of Consumer CODE planning process, quarterly business review information (QBR), and functional reporting.
- Serve as strategic thought partner for seasonal brand leads in building seasonal plans and annual AOP and CSR.
- Be responsible for high level communication written and verbal, both internally and externally, ranging from peers and up to senior management including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Own and drive critical timelines on strategic projects
- Identify and support management of necessary resources (budget, content, people, etc.) seasonally and quarterly for the execution of plans.
Key Required Competencies:
- Strategic Brand Planning: experience coordinating planning process landmarks and deliverables
- Process Management: experience creating and driving adoption of complex processes across functions and partners in an organization.
- General Analysis: experience providing research /knowledge and analytical support for strategic brand projects and planning.
- Brand Finance: demonstrated command of budgeting, and annual operation planning of resources.
- Problem Solving: demonstrated ability to identify and solve complex problems with innovative solutions
- Operational Excellence: demonstrated in depth knowledge of how an integrated brand offense works
- Consumer Knowledge/Insights: passion for and knowledge of the Jordan Brand consumer for application to strategy development
Additional Qualifications for Success:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum six years' experience in a Brand Strategic Planning, Brand Operations, or Brand Marketing (M.B.A. is a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management both at Nike and Jordan in verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and outcomes without direct authority
- Experience in creative and design-based environments
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software & Keynote.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software
- Experience in leading complex strategic projects and demonstrated success in leading a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting on a course of action
- Proven track record to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussions, to drive critical processes and management routines.
- Experience with Marketing-related functions, ideally with a youth-oriented brand or industry.
- Strong ability to partner and integrate with Finance, Data/Analytics & Consumer Insights.
- Proven ability to directly lead cross-functional teams & projects.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.