Marlin Bar Assistant Manager
California Applicants, please click here to review the CCPA notice.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
In 2016, we launched our first Marlin Bar in Coconut Point, Florida as a laid back space where locals and travelers could gather casually over food and drink. Two years later, a second oasis opened its doors in the mecca of mid-century modernism: Palm Springs, California. Since our guests are asking us for more, we are adding several throughout the United States over the next few years (and beyond). The Marlin Bar is the perfect spot to shop, enjoy frozen cocktails, light fare with friends & family where friendly service and casual vibe are always the catch of the day.
SET THE COURSE
The Marlin Bar is a relaxed refuge, where our guest can unwind with a cocktail, light fare, and simultaneously enjoy some retail therapy.
Our Assistant Manager will take responsibility for both the store and food and beverage with the purpose of providing the ultimate guest experience.This role will be repsonsible for supporting the GM and assisting with all management functions, including leading by example through motivation, support, and communication
BE THE MARLIN BAR GUIDE
- Create a relaxed destination - Build strong sales and service relationships with guests through inspiring and motivating the team into action. Set the tone, pace, and consistently role model key sales and service behaviors with every team member creating an optimal guest experience.
- Consistently cultivate an environment of open, authentic dialog throughout the location as well as with regional and home office partners.
- Set the course - Create a learning and nurturing environment for all team members that promotes a one team environment with sales and service at the forefront of every decision. Partner with the GM to develop and implement strategies to hire, and develop team members who are able to service the guest who is shopping and/or enjoying food and beverage.
- Manage effective onboarding of new team members as they orient to a unique environment where our guest seamlessly moves between retail and food and beverage. Set clear performance expectations, train on all product offerings (retail and food and beverage), coach, and give constructive performance feedback on a consistent basis.
- Facilitate implementation of company learning/training programs, follow-up and monitor performance to ensure transfer of learned skills on-the-job.
- Assist employees with career development strategies to improve employee retention and to build bench strength.
- Support the direction of the brand through merchandise assortments and menu options and promote product knowledge as a tool to enhance employee productivity, sales, and service levels.
- Build the perfect oasis - Be an outstanding ambassador of the brand by personally representing the season’s trends and key items for the business both retail and food and beverage. Identify and implement strategies to improve productivity and cross selling opportunities.
- Manage upkeep of physical location and promptly communicate with the Corporate Facilities Team by utilizing internal tools to respond to maintenance and repair needs that will come up from time to time.
- Work with GM to analyze the business to provide specific weekly trends, assortment needs, and provide guest feedback to merchant and food and beverage teams.
- Collaborate with Visual and F&B teams to enhance product presentation.
- Drive profitability and promote an entrepreneurial spirit in all aspects of the location operations while remaining brand appropriate. Develop/streamline operational processes to maximize return.
- Assist in leading and directing the merchandising process in conjunction with the floor merchandiser and food & beverage.
- Understand each role and be willing to roll up your sleeves and help where help is needed.
- Manage expenses ensuring budgetary compliance. Participate in business financial planning as requested.
- Achieve sales plan through efficient planning, execution, and business analysis.
- Ensure consistent execution of Company policies and procedures.
- Manage daily payroll hours to budgeted payroll percentage.
- Proactively manage all aspects of loss prevention to ensure the protection of company assets including cash, merchandise, and company property.
- Incorporate and administer applicable safety programs for the employees, and guests.
- Perform other duties as required and that may occasionally be necessary to support the business.
- College Degree in Business or related field is preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 4+ years retail or restaurant experience
- Generally, 4+ years retail or restaurant experience
- Generally, 2+ year’s management/supervision of team(s)Exposure to hospitality and guest service concepts and practices
- Exposure to Visual presentation (Retail and Food and Beverage) concepts and practices Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Lift and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds frequently
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required – frequently
- Climbing ladders – occasionally
- Routine standing for duration of shift (up to 8 hours)
- Possible Travel for training and assisting at other Tommy Bahama locations
- Ability to work varied hours and days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.