Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.Job Title:
Manager, Master Craftsperson reporting into the Director of Repair / (Re) LoveEmployment
: SalariedPrimary Purpose:
To manage team of craftsman in creating, designing patterns and bring them to production.The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in The Repair/(Re)Love Department ]
- Manage team in translating ideas of a designer into a repeatable pattern
- Read and interpret design models and blueprints
- Operate all machinery needed to create the concept sample (sewing machine, skiving machine, splitting machine, clicker).
- Project Manager between the Patternmaking Division and Designers
- Manage WIP calendar to ensure project deadlines are met
- Provide weekly project updates to all necessary departments
- Expert on all machine / equipment; for training purposes or delegation of assignments
- Master at Skiver, Splitter, Clicker, Sewing Machine, and Foot Press
- Delegate responsibilities to team members based on project needs
- Possess leader skills in create sample patterns and sample templates
- Lead team in creating three-dimensional sample from material
- Have knowledge and possibly provide training on all machinery needed to create final samples
- Strong communication
- Proficient working with design software or Optitex
- 5+ years industrial sewing experience is required
- Must have high attention to detail and craftsmanship experience in Skiver, Splitter, Clicker, Sewing Machine, and Foot Press
- Must willing to assist with other functions, as needed
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Eager to learn and increase skills and quality of work
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Professionalism in attitude, appearance, and approach
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with others
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience on Skiver, Splitter, Clicker, Sewing Machine, and Foot Press
- Understanding of handbag constructions
- Ability to read and interpret design cards and specifications
- Understanding and working experience in luxury leather handbags and goods
- Bi-lingual: English, Spanish
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com