Materials Planning Manager -Global Materials Planning // Materials Sourcing & MFG
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike Global Materials Planning (GMP) organization optimizes material supply to flexibly respond to consumer demand. GMP seeks innovative collaborators to advance its mission to redefine material supply planning by investing in People, Process, and Technology to drive efficiency and flexibility across the end-to-end supply chain!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Materials Planning Manager will help create, implement and activate material's mid-range and long-range planning capabilities by evaluating demand and supply in the mid and long-range materials horizons. This individual will need to evaluate and understand key materials metrics in order to implement planning strategies to drive improvements in delivery while reducing inventory and improving overall responsiveness.
This individual will be an important part of the Global Material Planning (GMP) team working with our Materials Sourcing & Manufacturing (MSM) partner groups, as well as functions external to MSM. Partnering within the Materials planning ecosystem develop and implement capabilities across the planning functions to meet MSM’s goals across our key pillars of Innovation & Product Excellence, Speed & Responsiveness, Cost Efficiency, and Sustainability.
This role is looking for a proactive, thoughtful self-starter who embraces and leads change through strategic, innovative solutions while driving clarity and accountability to manage a dynamic materials supply chain environment.
LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Instills Trusts
- Acts with Courage
- Embraces and Leads Change
- Cultivates Effective Teamwork
- Values Differences
- Communicates Vision and Purpose
- Thinks Strategically
- Cultivates Innovation
- Drives Clarity
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Lead facilitates, and coordinates cross-functionally to execute the business.
- Create the process and technical requirements to drive mid and long-range planning
- Collaborate with upstream partners to provide clear, timely, in-system materials demand signals for FW & AP materials
- Leverage existing processes to balance demand and supply in future seasons
- Leverage new and existing metrics to identify opportunities across demand and supply and collaborate with Global Materials Planning and its stakeholders to implement strategies that will drive improvements across those metrics
- Partner with our Finished Goods and Sourcing teams to help evaluate and optimize our Materials Vendor Network to ensure it can support future growth.
- Support vision for long-term GMP operating model & org structure for mid & long-range planning capabilities, collaborating on potential resource asks in future corporate planning cycles
Partners with Materials Planning Directors and Global Material Planning Leadership team to create future capabilities:
- Develop and implement new strategies for a responsive, flexible materials supply chain to drive on-time delivery while managing inventory and cost.
- Identify, scope, and partner with Tech & Analytics teams to develop new analytics and/or systems capabilities.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role will report to the Materials Planning Directors, and work closely with the Global Materials Planning leadership team.
Partner / Materials Manufacturing Management
Technology & Analytics
Tier 2 Materials Partners
Tier 1 Finished Goods Partners
WHAT YOU BRING
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Planning (Supply, Demand, Materials, etc.), Manufacturing, and/or Logistics functions or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Understanding of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) basics, Demand, Production and Capacity Management, including key metrics. Ability to interpret driving factors and implement corrective actions.
Understanding of Manufacturing standard methodologies and key metrics. Ability to evaluate and recommend improvements in manufacturing strategies to meet inventory and service objectives.
Experience working in a diverse, cross-functional environment and encouraging a culture of belonging throughout.
Effective communication skills, including in-person, written and via phone
Effective presentation skills, both visual & oral
The results-oriented mentality for prioritizing work, managing upward and downward as necessary
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Passion for Nike products and sport
APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP, CLTD)
Understanding of mfg processes (not necessarily Footwear or Apparel)
Experience aligning cross-cultural, virtual teams
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.