Materials Planning Manager, Global Sports Apparel (GSA)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike Global Materials Planning (GMP) organization optimizes material supply to flexibly respond to consumer demand. GMP seeks innovative collaborators to advance its mission to revolutionize material supply planning by investing in People, Process, and Technology to drive efficiency and flexibility across the end-to-end supply chain!WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Materials Planning Manager, Global Sports Apparel will lead Global Materials Planning’s support of Nike’s Global Sports Apparel (GSA) division, which covers Nike’s key sports dimensions as well as its promotional, team, license, and catalyst product. This role’s key responsibilities will be balanced between tactical support of GSA materials demand-supply management, while also partnering with the Global Materials Planning leadership team and cross-functional stakeholders to develop and implement new strategies for an adaptable, flexible materials supply chain that improves materials on-time delivery for pinnacle GSA product while leading inventory and cost.
This individual will be an important part of the Global Material Planning (GMP) team working with our Materials Sourcing & Manufacturing (MSM) partner groups, as well as functions external to MSM. Partnering within the Materials planning ecosystem, this individual will develop and implement capabilities across the planning functions to meet MSM’s goals across our key pillars of Innovation & Product Excellence, Speed & Responsiveness, Cost Efficiency, and Sustainability.
This role is looking for a proactive, thoughtful self-starter who embraces and leads change through strategic, innovative solutions while driving clarity and accountability to manage a dynamic materials supply chain environment.Leadership Capabilities are as follows:
- Acts with Courage
- Embraces and Leads Change
- Fosters Effective Teamwork
- Values Differences
- Communicates Vision and Purpose
- Thinks Strategically
- Cultivates Innovation
- Drives Clarity
Leads, facilitates, and coordinates cross-functionally to execute the business,
Collaborate with upstream partners to provide clear, timely, in-system materials demand signals for GSA product
Analyze forecast demand and production for key vendors within the material planning system supporting GSA products.
Collaborate with Global Materials Planning and Materials Management to execute capacity mitigation processes to ensure on-time production of materials to support GSA finished goods production plan.
Partner with Materials Management & Supply Planning in the resolution of GSA delivery issues between material vendors and finished goods manufacturing partners
Represent Materials Planning at key GSA cross-functional stakeholder engagements.
Partners with Materials Planning Director, Apparel & Accessories and Global Material Planning Leadership team to create future capabilities:
Identify gaps within the current materials planning function & processes to support GSA. Develop, train and implement new capabilities within the internal team and with key partners, demonstrating Nike’s new Material Planning enterprise solution
Develop and implement new strategies for a responsive, flexible materials supply chain to drive on-time delivery of GSA products while managing inventory and cost.
Identify, scope and partner with Tech & Analytics teams to develop new analytics and/or systems capabilities.
Create and support vision for long-term GSA materials planning operating model & org structure, supporting potential resource asks in future corporate planning cyclesWHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role will report into the Materials Planning Director, Apparel & Accessories and work closely with the Global Materials Planning leadership team.Key stakeholders:
- Global Sports Apparel Supply Planning & Product Development
- Materials Sourcing
- Partner / Materials Manufacturing Management
- Materials Costing
- Technology & Analytics
- Tier 2 Materials Partners
- Tier 1 Finished Goods Garment Partners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 3-5 years of experience in Supply Chain, Planning (Supply, Demand, Materials, etc.), Manufacturing and/or Logistics functions
- Understanding of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) basics, Demand, Production and Capacity Management, including key metrics. Ability to interpret driving factors and implement corrective actions.
- Understanding of manufacturing best practices. Ability to evaluate and recommend improvements in manufacturing strategies to meet inventory and service objectives.
- Experience working in a diverse, cross-functional environment and fostering a culture of belonging throughout
- Effective communication skills, including in-person, written and via phone
- Effective presentation skills, both visual & oral
- The results-oriented mentality for prioritizing work, managing upward and downward as necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Passion for Nike products and sport
- APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP, CLTD)
- Understanding of mfg processes (not necessarily Footwear or Apparel)
- Experience aligning cross-cultural, virtual teams
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.