Men's Apparel Buyer
Do you have previous buying experience at a multichain retail store? Successful retailer is looking to add a Men's Apparel Buyer to their team! The successful candidate has 5+ years of buying experience and will establish and maintain excellent relationships with vendors to ensure the best possible products and prices for their loyal customers. This position is Monday-Friday hours but must be able to travel twice a year for shows in NYC and Vegas.
- Build category and merchandise strategies which support the company’s growth and promotional goals. Define seasonal, annual, and multi-year strategies to identify future opportunities and trends.
- Run the day-to-day operations of the department including the financial accountability to the Open-to-Buy, vendor negotiations of price, delivery, terms and markdowns; advertising strategies and implementation of promotional activity; accurate forecasting of weekly and monthly sales.
- React quickly to changing consumer demands and market trends.
- Develop and manage merchandise assortments including selecting and purchasing merchandise by considering type, quality, source, timing, delivery, mix and promotion.
- Optimize sales, inventory levels, and gross profit by analyzing and evaluating current and projected trend, and by strong negotiating skills with business partners.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor partnerships
- Must have 2-3 years of buying experience
- Be highly motivated to succeed in a results-driven environment
- Be able to communicate persuasively, influentially, and responsibly over a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Be detail-oriented and quick-thinking in a fast-paced industry
- Have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Be able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- 401k Savings Plan
- Bonus Opportunity
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Employee Discount