Men’s Senior Apparel Designer
Born in Los Angeles but bred with a global perspective, G/FORE was conceptualized with a passion for modern design combined with a love of golf. Distinguished by our attention to detail, sophisticated ease, playful nature, youthful energy, and sense of humor. We consistently strive to make a powerful and colourful impact on our favourite game. We take inspiration from art, architecture, modern design, and colourful narratives. Our intent is to disrupt the industry without being disrespectful to the sport and its rich traditions.
G/FORE is seeking a detail oriented and creative Men’s Senior Apparel Designer who will bring new thinking and creativity to our team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a passionate design team leading the Golf/Active industry.
- Works closely with design manager to translate concept and trend to seasonal range
- Collaborate with creative and graphics team to contribute to boards, color cards/ decks as needed
- Work with product development, merchandising, and design team to initiate material selection ensuring key price points and seasonal directions are clearly developed
- Research the market as it pertains to product, trim and graphic/ techniques
- Create CADs according to design briefs and line plans
- Build, maintain and update design boards throughout the season
- Communicate with PD on style development needs
- Design and build tech packs for multiple product categories
- Create technical flat sketches to style specification and set-up corresponding spec and trim sheets
- Build and maintain tech packs from initial set up through production
- Produce print/ pattern pitch sheets with color and technique callouts
- Attend fittings and partner with technical team on garment fits & adjustments
- Comment or approve seasonal lab dips and strike-offs
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, make decisions while working in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, independent worker with effective time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Terrific organizational skills and detail oriented
- Affinity and passion for the brand/ category
- People-oriented enjoys interacting with colleagues
- Extensive knowledge of woven and knit garment construction
- Excellent color acuity
- Outstanding communication skills to effectively collaborate with design, product development, production, and global vendors
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of best practices in apparel design process, flat sketches, trends, and fitting sessions
- Previous experience designing multiple product categories is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within and/ or lead a team providing guidance to members
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Mac OS
- Functional ability using Excel
At Peter Millar and G/FORE we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.