is responsible for managing the timely delivery and allocation of new and repeat stock to the North American stores, ensuring that sales plans are achieved and stock utilization is maximized, for current and new stores. They are responsible for working with tight deadlines and delivering an outstanding service but communicating and liasoning with key areas of the business, analyzing information and challenging decisions.
TheAllocatorrole is the first step on a career path in Merchandising and holds an important function in any business. The primary function of the Merchandising Department is to trade the Company through effective management and planning of stocks. This will include managing intake, allocations to stores, sales, markdowns, product and promotional activity.
- Initial Allocation & Replenishment
- Weekly Trading
- Monthly / Seasonal Trading
- Management of Store Grading’s and Stock
- Relationship with Others
- Process allocations of stock from the Distribution Center through detailed analysis of stock and sales data, escalating any concerns to the Merchandiser
- Accurately allocate products to Stores, using the AS400, CIMS Allocation system, this will include priority lines to be picked and distributed from the Distribution Center (DC) for the week
- Check upcoming deliveries, ensure the profiles and allocations are set correctly within Allocation system, investigate and respond to all Allocation Requests and inquiries from the DC, escalating any concerns to the Associate Merchandiser
- Attend and actively participate in weekly departmental team meetings, where Buying and Merchandising review sales and stocks from the previous week and relate performance to the original departmental strategy, resulting in suggested future product development, repeats, cancellations and rephrasing of stocks.
- Take ownership and proactively manage stocks based on sales performance focusing on cover and sell-thru as parameters to aid drive departmental sales more efficiently, highlighting findings to the rest of the Buying and Merchandise team
- Prepare, update and distribute key daily/weekly reports
- Build and develop an intimate knowledge of product and how this is related with consumer demands
- In Conjunction with the Buying and Merchandising team actively participate in Department pre-season planning meetings to aid drive out Departmental Strategy
- In conjunction with the Buying and Merchandising teams, prepare detailed sales and stock analyze for regular range reviews. Highlighting recommendations to drive sales and profit margins.
- Conduct Store visits to obtain direct feedback relating to individual products and stocks levels. Reflecting any changes on the system on return to enhance sales at store and company level
- Responsible for setting up Departmental seasonal packages, working closely with the DC and peers to ensure dummy number is set up in advance
- Aid Associate Merchandiser ensure grading is complete capturing any branch or country differences in the process
- Report to the Merchandiser on a regular basis
- Work closely, build and maintain effective working relationship with key partners across the business, with particular emphasis on the Merchandising, Retail, Analytics and DC teams
- Bachelor's degree required in retail, merchandising or related field required
- Internship in allocation or merchandising preferred
- At least 2 years of retail experience, store management experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions
- A strong understanding and desire for merchandise planning
- Excellent communication
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
Claire's is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.