Merchandise Allocator Internship
SMCP (Sandro/Maje/Claudie Pierlot/Fursac)
44 WALL STREET, NEW YORK, NY
We are currently seeking an Allocation Intern who will be responsible for the completion of daily activities that support replenishment, sales and inventory initiatives to optimize North American inventory and drive profitability. S/he acts as the direct liaison to all retail channels for stock level analysis and sales support.
This is a paid internship. Start date is May 2022 and runs through December 2022. Candidates must be available to work in our New York City HQ office, 40 hours a week.
At SMCP, we are committed to providing our team with a safe and healthy work environment. As a result, COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement for all US employees. SMCP will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
What You'll Be Doing:
ALLOCATION & STORE PLANNING
- Assist with replenishment program through auto and manual replenishment in Scortex and Storeland systems from multiple warehouses to store fleet
- Assist with inter-store transfers and e-commerce consolidations
- Execute seasonal store associate wardrobe allocation
- Allocate all PR requests from warehouse to office, or arrange for transfer from local stores to office
- Compile data and generate standard as well as ad hoc reporting, on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Review business weekly with Planning Team to understand trend and performance
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams (Merchandising, Logistics, Visual, IT, Operations, Inventory Control)
COMMUNICATION & SUPPORT
- Receive, review and respond to store requests for merchandise and deliveries in a timely manner
- Execute monthly return-to-vendor requests from partners
- Complete Marketing Action promotional set-up in Storeland prior to a store event
- Build and maintain databases of product attribute data and pricing
- Process purchase orders, resolve invoicing issues and ensure timely merchandise delivery
- Provide administration and other ad hoc support as needed to Allocation Team and cross-functional counterparts
Who You Are:
- Completed or in process to achieve bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is preferred
- Available 40-hours a week
- Fast learner with a desire to continue within this function of the Retail Industry
- Excellent written/verbal communication and diplomacy skills
- MUST be systems-oriented & proficient in Microsoft Excel; advanced pivot table & v-lookup experience a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized manner, prioritize and meet tight deadlines concurrently
- Ability to work independently and be flexible
- Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment with poise
- Enthusiastic and team player with a can-do attitude
What We Will Offer You in Return:
- A robust internship in Merchandise Allocation coupled with professional development opportunities and exposure to a Corporate Retail environment in the Fashion Industry.
- Fun/collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Career growth opportunities for advancement
- Generous shopping discount
Who We Are:
- Since our U.S. debut in 2011, SMCP (Sandro/Maje/Claudie Pierlot) has masterfully led the way in the affordable luxury space across North America boasting a total of 164 points of distribution consisting of free-standing boutiques, shop-in-shop partnerships, and outlet in several key markets. A global Company based in Paris and located in 41 countries, there is a real buzz in the industry around our ability to report consistent like-for-like increases and by our ability to double in size every 3 years. This has been effectively accomplished by incorporating a business model that blends elements of luxury and fast fashion to provide accessible luxury, aggressive retail development, rapid replenishment, focus on full-price selling, and maintaining the distinct identities of our three brands. If you possess the profile that we are seeking and would be interested in joining us on our exciting journey as we ramp up and grow, we would love to chat with you!