Merchandise Assistant, Baby
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
Job descriptionAbout the Role
What You'll Do
- Work effectively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives
- Manage and track samples
- Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations, visual set-ups, and seasonal marketing
- Create, enter & perform in-season updates to product information in multiple data bases
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency
- Perform general administrative duties for merchandising team as needed
- Maintain reports and tools, as needed by merchandising team
- Complete seasonal projects for merchandising team (ex: trend and competitor research)
- Assist in the development of the product assortment, key item positioning, and ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives
- Attend cross functional meetings and class reviews to stay abreast of any changes in assortment and strategies
Who You Are
- Advanced computer skills and proficient in Microsoft applications - Excel, Word & Outlook
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities
- Impeccable attention to details regarding system applications.
- Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice
- Highly adept at learning systems such as FileMaker, InDesign and Venus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
- Retail experience preferred