Merchandise Assistant - Backstage
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy's Merchandising curates the best national and private brands to support our customer's self-expression from off-price to luxury. Merchandising ensures Macy's is the premier fashion authority using a high acumen for products and trends as well as strong relationships with vendors in the marketplace. Our team maximizes sales and gross margin for each product category by identifying, procuring, and assorting the products that our customers demand.
Do you have an eye for products and trends? Join Macy's Merchandising and create connections that surprise and delight our customers at every turn.
Bring your merchandising creativity and entrepreneurial spirit to the best name in retail. Join the startup of Macy's Backstage, our new off price brand on the ground floor and help us build this new brand while building your personal portfolio.
Success factors include
- A passion and curiosity about the business and our customer
- Eagerness to learn and take ownership of the business
- The ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Flexibility to take on any task necessary
The merchant assistant provides administrative support to the buying team to drive sales, turn and margin results. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Full ownership of all data entry responsibilities as they pertain to purchase orders, price changes and daily sales information.
- Maintain awareness of market through competitive shopping; develop knowledge and understanding of pricing and trends
- Maintain "Compare at" file.
- Maintain vendor contact list.
- Take ownership of maintaining department records. Develop a user-friendly filing system for all paper and electronic documents.
- Manage incoming and outgoing communications
- Professionally answer telephone; screen and direct phones calls.
- Responsible for obtaining samples delivered to the building and delivering them to internal destinations.
- Assist with the development of trend boards to support merchandising vision
- Monitor and resolve issues involving UPCs, orders and shipments with MIO and the distribution center teams
- Develops self - attend ongoing professional development and training
- General administrative support of the buying team
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or comparable work experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of administrative office experience required, buying office experience a plus.
- Practice open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
- Knowledge of MS Office is required