Merchandise Assistant - Infants & Active
Macy's is the premier fashion authority, curating the best national and private brands to support our customer's self-expression from off-price to luxury. Macy's Merchandising team has a high acumen for products and trends, and drives relationships with vendors in the marketplace. This team maximizes sales and gross margin for each product category by identifying, procuring, and assorting the products that our customers demand.
Job descriptionJob Overview:
Entry-level merchant support for various buying office teams. This is a developmental position in preparation for a career advancement opportunity as an Assistant Buyer. This role is also responsible for providing operational support to our Digital, Buying, and creative teams by leading photography planning and execution as well as purchase order creation. The position requires strong operational acumen and an understanding of Site merchandising. This role requires support for website product display activities. Fundamental requirements include the ability to collaborate, take ownership of your business, and achieve results.
- Create AdHoc reports, utilizing Excel, based on requested need of supervisor data entry for purchase orders, POS, price changes and daily sales information.
- Provide assistance to the Assistant Buyer on the up keep of the purchase order logbook.
- Own PO creation process by collaborating with vendors and buying team, and ensure ongoing item maintenance
- Track logistics of merchandise and independently troubleshoot shipping problems.
- Compile and disseminate reporting for buying team and vendor partners.
-Maintain vendor database, contact list, and related department records.
- Manage incoming and outgoing vendor communications in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all sample management including obtaining samples delivered to the building, accurately signing samples in and out of the loan room, and deliver samples to internal locations.
- Utilize the Stella dashboard to manage Merchandise workflow and resolve any issues (i.e. On Hand Not Live (OHNL), Issue Tracking System (ITS) Report).
- Prepare samples and product photography leadsheets for delivery to the Creative Production team.
- Perform product attribution in Facet.
- Participate in "product turn-in" meetings with Creative Production, during which we finalize on detailed product photography plans.
- Support Buying team review and validation of images to be displayed on our digital platforms.
- Develop strong relationships with vendor partners & maintain vendor contact information.
- Drive continuous process improvement through ongoing identification & resolution of photography planning challenges & opportunities, with internal and external partners.
ProfileQualifications and Competencies:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Bachelor's Degree from 4-year college or university preferred
1-2 years related experience
- Clear and proactive communication approach with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to understand and work with basic retail math formulas and calculations.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Desire to work in corporate retail environment and interest for product.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
Candidates in Colorado: Click here forPay Rangeand here tolearn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here forPay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here forPay Range