We are looking for candidates who want to kick start their merchandising careers with the goal of becoming a Buyer!
The Event Coordinator/Merchandise Assistant will work with our buying teams to produce and procure the most fashionable and desirable merchandise for Rue La La and Gilt. In this role, you will be provided with training and exposure to purchase order processing, vendor negotiation, online boutique curation, and managing logistics with our warehouse and production teams.
Rue Gilt Groupe is an innovative, passionate, and collaborative work environment where you’ll have the chance to work with the best brands and buying teams in merchandising and e-commerce. Are you ready to get started?
What You’ll Do:
- Generate and track purchase orders for all Rue La La and Gilt boutiques
- Partner with the Fulfillment team to troubleshoot shipping and receiving issues
- Build product assortments with your buyer and influence the styles you see on Rue La La and Gilt
- Select specific products which will be photographed in our on-site studio for on-site Boutiques and marketing materials
- Work collaboratively with Programming, Planning, Boutique Production, Creative and Marketing everyday to maximize sales
Why You Want to Work Here:
- Growth Potential: You can be eligible for promotion within six months to a year, pending performance
- Development: You’ll participate in our Buying Development Program, which is continuous learning and enrichment for your merchandising career at RGG
- Live our Values: Tenacious, Kind, Collaborative, Passionate, Empowered, Innovative
- Choice of Office Location: Seaport in Boston or Madison Square Park in New York City
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Passionate about Merchandising, e-commerce, and all things fashion!
- 0-1 years experience, internships and co-ops are welcome
- Familiar with Excel: Pivot Tables, VLookUps, and Formulas will take you far
- An effective communicator and loves to collaborate with others
- Someone who loves a challenge and won’t back down
- Looking to be mentored by senior associates
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered