CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is an Altos Ventures backed technology company that is saving retail by acquiring store and catalog-based retailers, and transforming them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, Direct Buy, One Kings Lane, Amerimark Interactive and ToMo saving thousands of jobs and reaching over a billion dollars in revenue.
With over 50 stores and the largest avocational cooking program in the US, Sur La Table offers an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table – and the culinary expertise and inspiration to go along with it. Whether the job entails interacting with our customers, driving digital growth, or providing vital behind-the-scenes support, we’re all here for the same reason – to roll up our sleeves and create happiness through cooking and sharing good food.
TheMerchandising Coordinatorcontributes to Sur La Table’s success by assisting the buying team with merchandise sample management and other duties. This position works closely with the Assistant Buyers, under the supervision of the Divisional Merchandise Manager.
The ideal candidate will be an eager self-starter with a passion for learning, have a desire to pursue a career in buying, have in-store retail experience and/or experience working in an office for a retail company. Job duties and responsibilities will evolve with experience and tenure given the dynamic nature of this role.
- Track, receive and organize merchandise samples on a daily basis, including the labeling of samples with their designated SKU
- Breakdown sample packaging and maintain cardboard/shipping area on a daily basis.
- Manage and ensure merchandise samples are available for test kitchen, visual floorsets, department resets and style outs, photoshoots, vignettes and milestone meetings.
- Setup and maintain visual floorset and photoshoot lists.
- Manage and organize sample shed.
- Request required missing samples from the distribution center.
- Ship samples and alert receiver of shipment & tracking information.
- Manage sample transitions and giveaways when needed.
- Recap and distribute notes from visual executive walkthru floorset meetings, including add/drops coming out of walkthru
- Support merchandise team with SKU maintenance and signage needs during peak periods
- Additional duties as assigned.
Experience and Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to manage details, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Due to the nature of the job responsibilities, must be available to work onsite at HQ office at least 3 days a week.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Smartsheet experience is preferred.
- 1+ years of retail experience and/or experience in an office environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the retail environment.
- Sur La Table product knowledge or experience in a relevant merchandise category is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Related retail work experience is preferred.
Sur La Table Core Competencies:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action
- Take Ownership: you are committed, responsible and provide solutions
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations
- Ability to regularly communicate verbally and in writing and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to use computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks.
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts and/or ideas in clear and concise manner.
- Ability to remain stationary (sit or stand) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move about the workplace retrieving merchandise.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to manage merchandise.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.