Merchandise Coordinator, .Ca
At Sephora, we stand together and we stand for something more. For empowerment, for exploration, for the opportunity to impact people’s lives through the unlimited power of beauty. So we embrace uniqueness, unleash creativity, and pursue progress every day. Sparked by energy and excitement, our passion is contagious.
We are united by a common goal - to reimagine the future of beauty.
Reimagine your future, with Sephora.
Position SummaryAs a Merchandise Coordinator, you will be the key support role to the merchant team assisting on all aspects of the day to day needs of the business. You will play a pivotal role in team admin, reporting, and data entry for product assortments. Reporting to the Merchant, you will:
- Support .CA Merchandising with set-up and updates for new and existing brands & products:
- Leverage Launch Calendars to identify & set-up Canada-only skus; maintain ‘Live’ dates
- Oversee comp collection and organization: requesting comps from vendors, organizing comps, and owning them when requested from other departments; Partner with Production to ensure timely set-up of new skus
- Ensure completion and accuracy of all new (brand/product) launches and ongoing maintenance
- Assist with QA to confirm optimized client experience for brand and product pages
- Update and validate the .CA Assortment:
- Manage assortment updates, both Client-Facing on-site and in the Merchandising & Inventory System
- Run assortment reports, validate/trouble-shoot new sku set-up for Canada and discontinuations, remove discontinued skus from assortment as required
- Support .CA Merchandising in timely execution of all product marketing placements on the site:
- Complete sheets to brief email, homepage, and other marketing channels
- Help with deliverables for product placements (carousels) on the site and page sorts
- Assist with QA to confirm optimized client experience for overall site and marketing placements
- Support .CA Reporting needs:
- Merchandising (ad hoc as needed)
- Execute ad hoc projects and analysis of business as needed, including site content marketing
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years retail distribution and/or buying office experience.
- E-Commerce and/or Direct-to-Consumer experience strongly preferred.
- Strong numbers aptitude and attention to detail.
- High level of initiative, able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a constantly evolving team environment.
- Ability to navigate complexities within a corporate setting.
- Ability to manage ambiguity with projects and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Very proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Beauty & Beyond:Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire ourclients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
- Endless Evolution:You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
- Creativity Unleashed:At Sephora,you’re encouraged to explore, innovate,and have fun while working with diverse clients, teams and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
- Bold Authenticity:Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you. You are what sets us apart.