Merchandise Coordinator - Pottery Barn (Temporary)
We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
- This is a 6 month temporary position through late October.
In the Merchandise Coordinator role, you will work closely with a very passionate and collaborative group of team members. The Merchandise Coordinator will provide support and coordination for the Associate/Assistant Buyer and Buyer in specified merchandise categories for all channels of sales. We strive for operational excellence while developing best in class merchandising strategies each season.
Overview Of The RoleYou will be responsible for ordering and tracking photo samples and coordinating movement of merchandise throughout the photo process. You will also input, proof and analyze data for all areas of merchandising management. As the Merchandise Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced retail environment while working with a highly collaborative team.
- Print and distribute weekly sales reports as needed
- Prepare reporting as directed and assist Assistant Buyers with business opportunities
- Work in Merchandise Buyer systems to set up and maintain all SKUs
- Enter and maintain all price/cost changes for relevant categories
- Maintaining data accuracy and integrity
- General administrative duties as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Operate a computer and communicate via telephone
- Transport materials and equipment and lift, move, and carry objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- BA/BS required
- Previous experience in Merchandising preferred
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast pace, often-changing environment
- Advanced Excel skills; vlookups, pivot tables, and Adobe knowledge
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just For YouDepending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
About UsOur Company
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.