At Movado Group, we are committed to building the strongest brands in the industry - and we are passionate about what we do. Our people are fueled by a creative spirit and a drive for excellence that are reflected in every aspect of our business. We offer the watch industry a compelling strategic vision and track record of sustained growth - and we offer our employees great opportunities for career advancement. We invite you to come share in our success.
The Merchandising Manager is responsible for developing product strategies and building strong assortments that drive sustainable profitable sales growth across multiple brands in watches and jewelry. This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader to demonstrate a unique balance of creative and analytical skills as well as strength in communication, strategic thinking and business knowledge in a dynamic, multi- branded environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support brand teams by providing sell through and sell in analytics, competitive landscape and new product development concepts that ensure, commercial, brand right, trend right product that is differentiated across the portfolio.
- Develop Product Strategies that support the Brand initiatives and goals
- Build assortment plans that support financial goals – both sales and gross margin
- Build compelling global assortments with differentiated products and families
- Ensure the appropriate mix of product attributes
- Identify opportunities to create critical mass
- Partner with design, Product development and brand leadership throughout the conceptual and commercialization process.
- Ensures the launch of exciting, brand appropriate product that is also commercially viable
- Create and present quarterly and seasonal hindsight’s that inform new product development
- Collect, aggregate and report on regional and global sell through
- Manage Product Lifecycles
- Study and understand the competitive landscape
- Identifies opportunities/trends through market research and assortment analysis
- Travels to key markets to understand customers’ product needs
- Partner with licensors, and regions to build strong relationships and ensure alignment
- Work collaboratively and communicates transparently across all disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience as a retail merchant
- Strong product sensibility
- Exceptional analytical and retail math skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel skills
- Solid strategic thinker with strong interpersonal skills - ability to communicate and build relationships and influence key partners across multiple departments & levels of the organization
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to multi task.
- Must be detailed oriented, highly organized, flexible, proactive and results-oriented
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY - NO AGENCIES
Movado Group, Inc. designs, sources, and distributes MOVADO®, MVMT®, OLIVIA BURTON®, EBEL®, CONCORD®, COACH®, TOMMY HILFIGER®, HUGO BOSS®, LACOSTE®, and CALVIN KLEIN® watches worldwide, and operates Movado company stores in the United States.
Now is the perfect time to explore watch industry career opportunities with us. Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefit package. Our people are the corner stone of our business - we invite you to grow your career with us.