Merchandise Manager - CARINE
CARINE currently has an exciting opportunity available to join our Scottsdale, Arizona team as a part-time Merchandise Manager.
CARINE is a rapidly growing retailer and wholesaler of casual, classy, and affordable women's fashion for the discriminating buyer. We feature our own brand CARINE along with other designer fashions, and we offer our customers expert fashion consulting, custom fitting, and alterations – always striving for a level of personal attention and care that customers cannot find in department or chain stores. CARINE currently operates four retail locations in Scottsdale and one in Sedona.
CARINE also wholesales our brand to over 500 retail stores in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean, and operates the ShopCarine.com online store. For more information about CARINE, please visit ShopCarine.com.
The Merchandise Manager will work at our La Mirada store location in North Scottsdale. The ideal candidate will be passionate about women’s fashion and will be able to learn about the special characteristics of our own CARINE brand as well as those of other lines we carry such as Charlie B, I.C. Collection, Komarov, Insight New York, Dolcezza, Samuel Dong, and Liverpool.
The Merchandise Manager will be responsible for receiving, steaming, ticketing, and distribution of new merchandise, as well as handling any returns and other necessary shipping tasks and maintaining visual displays. This position will work closely with our store managers and warehouse staff to ensure the necessary flow of merchandise to our retail stores is maintained. Prior experience in receiving and processing shipments, conducting inventory counts of fine goods, and light cleaning duties is required. The candidate must be able to work independently and be willing to solve problems. Visual display skills are desirable.
The Merchandise Manager is responsible for coordinating merchandise receiving and ticketing, inventory management, replenishment, and analysis of sales trends at our five retail locations. Requirements include the following:
· Handle all aspects of merchandise shipping, receiving, replenishment, and omnichannel operations functions.
· Monitor and maintain store inventory levels including transfers, markdowns and style reconciliation through frequent communication with CARINE staff at various locations.
· Implement any CARINE visual display directives as determined by the President, including floor layout, store windows, mannequins, and in-store signage.
· Maintain the La Mirada store location.
· Occasional travel to the other Scottsdale stores, our Tempe warehouse, or our Sedona location may be required.
· 2 - 5 years total experience in warehouse, office, or customer service roles, retail industry experience preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Computer literate – experience with Excel and Word is required. Recent experience with Shopify POS is a big plus.
· High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
· Valid Arizona driver’s license required.
· Flexibility to work weekends and holidays as needed. No night shifts are required.
· Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing boxes and containers, etc.) for a short distance.
Candidates should reside in the Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area or be willing to relocate. Company will not pay relocation nor assist with work visas.
CARINE only hires individuals authorized to work in the United States.
Principals only please - CARINE does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies.
Salary: Base of $18/hour and up, DOE - plus bonuses based on store profitability. Can convert to a full-time salaried position in the future.