POSITION SUMMARY:As the Merchandising Manager you are a pivotal member of the Wacoal Merchandising team, a group of go-getters that plays a critical role in driving Wacoal’s product strategy and work as a key conduit between the design department, marketing team and the rest of the organization. The Merchandising Manager is responsible for collaborating with the Senior Director of Merchandising to generate a seasonal merchandise plan and product strategy to maximize opportunities and grow Wacoal America’s market share. You are highly collaborative, passionate, and focused on solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- As a member of the Merchandising Team you are responsible for identifying, evolving and executing the assortment plan for Wacoal and b.tempt’d brands.
- Collaborate with Merchandising Leadership to identify overarching seasonal themes and create Kick Off Presentation that influences the merchandising strategy for the next 18 months.
- Accountable for identifying b.tempt’d seasonal concepts.
- Generate product concept briefs and work closely with designers to ensure prototypes are executed for Wacoal and b.tempt’d.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining accurate assortment plan for b.tempt’d in PLM.
- Communicate meeting recaps, design changes, margin challenges and retail price adjustments to design & product development teams in a timely manner.
- Together with Senior Director of Merchandising, ensure target margins are set/met with cross-functional teams.
- Manage all development milestone meeting preparation.
- Liaise with Marketing to initiate product copy creation process and ensure consistent representation of product descriptions across all touchpoints.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop quarterly social content concepts and film content when applicable.
- Together with Sr. Director of Merchandising you track product performance analytics. Review with Merchandising Leadership monthly identifying trends and opportunities.
- You are the fashion and market trend expert. Shop the competition regularly to understand trends, pricing, and promotional activity.
- Champion the seasonal development calendar ensuring adherence including the ongoing review and edit of the line to stay on track with strategic priorities.
- Foster collaborative and effective relationships to promote best practices, process adherence and teamwork.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- 7+ years experience in retail merchandising, buying or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Merchandising, Retailing or related area
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Self-starter who brings passion, enthusiasm and focus to their day to day business.
- Ability to respond quickly and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, flexible and can manage change.
- Superior organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines, highly detail oriented, meticulous, and analytical
- Strong verbal, public speaking, and written communication skills
- Ability to mentor, lead and collaborate with cross functional teams to achieve goals
- An understanding of fashion garment production process
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point; Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.