JOB TITLE:Merchandise Manager (Hybrid)
EMPLOYER:Topo Designs, Denver CO
REPORTS TO:Director of Product
Reporting to the Director of Product, the Merchandise Manager is responsible for the strategic planning, monitoring, and reporting of Topo Designs omni-channel product lines; apparel, accessories, and bags. The role will require strong analytical skills along with market experience, and an intuition and aptitude in identifying market behaviors, trends, and user needs. Product, merchandising, and analytical experience will guide the role to create effective and efficient channel-specific product assortments to maximize sales.
SALARY RANGE:$75-85K with fringe benefits up to another $5,000-8,000.
*This position requires the candidate to live in Denver, Co.
*Please do not apply if the salary requirements do not meet your needs. We have listed the cap.
- B.A. or B.S degree in Merchandising, or related field of study.
- 5+ years in merchandising, product, and/or planning; experience managing a multi-category apparel line is preferred
- Experience in apparel and in the outdoor industry is preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Control, maintain and communicate all details related to the master product line plan including:
- Product lifecycle strategy, from introduction to end of lifecycle
- Sustainable growth of product assortment to align with business goals
- Exclusive special make ups (SMU), collaborations, and direct to consumer (DTC) product offerings
- Margin and price point analysis
- Netsuite product data maintenance
- Research and prepare market and competitive landscape studies for presentation to cross functional teams
- Develop categorical pricing strategies driving up to marketing and revenue goals
- Identify business opportunities and risks through analyzing product performance by category and style
- Collaborate seasonally with brand, marketing and sales teams to develop go to market materials including photography style outs, product copy and specifications, and key product stories
- Analyze and communicate product sales data to support cross functional understanding on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Partner with Inventory Management, Planning and Allocation on seasonal investment strategy by category to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected
- Coordinate with sales, customer service and retail on product feedback and returns data
- Work with the design and development teams throughout the product cycle to refine, improve, or reinvent the components of the product line in order to properly address market needs
- Strong analytical mindset; understanding of merchandising retail math/financial skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Project Management -Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements.
This is a full-time, exempt salaried position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k with a match, an annual activity and mental health monetary allowance, PTO, paid volunteer days and a generous product allowance. Please send your résumé to