Merchandise Manager, CKUM
The Merchandise Manager for Calvin Klein Underwear drives the North America product vision and strategy across all channels of distribution. He or she will be focused on driving business through strategic growth initiatives, productive sku’s, proper segmentation across channels, ensuring financial targets are met. The merchandising manager will build product line plans and manage KPI’s in close collaboration with planning and channel partners, adapting and evolving strategies to meet to the needs of the business and drive profitable growth.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities Of The Job
- Lead Merchant for all North America channels of distribution
- Partner with NA Wholesale, Retail, ck.com, Canada, Australia, Mx, Panama and Latin America to understand and represent the business needs of the region as a whole.
- Build cohesive brand architecture that supports all channels, collaborating with the Sr. Director and key partners to ensure proper segmentation.
- Work closely with Global Merchandising to ensure garment aesthetic and pricing are in line with regional business needs.
- Present seasonal strategy and business updates to the team.
- Build channel specific product assortment based on account needs, historical analysis, trend and budget.
- Own seasonal Line Opening meetings
- Ensure product knowledge is shared, educating the sales team and ensuring proper SMS hand-off at Line Opening
- Build accurate and detailed Collateral to support each seasonal assortment (Line Lists, Assortment Guides).
- Communication & Calendar Adherance
- Ensure all calendar deliverables are met, ensuring proper preparation meetings are scheduled.
- Communicate assortment details weekly via Line Matrices
- Partner with Global and Visuals team to ensure digital collateral and/or Showroom Set up is aligned with the Brand Vision for the season.
- Partner with sales to identify exclusive product needs.
- Partner with channels and planning teams to ensure brand initiatives and marketed styles are represented in the buys.
- Ensure assortment direction is maintained in early commit and bulk buy process with operations.
- Conduct weekly market tb’s with sales teams.
- Liaison between Global and Regional teams
- Track, Monitor and Recap progress of key items, big ideas, best sellers and product stories to strategize towards business growth and future development.
- Coordination of seasonal projections in close partnership with Merchandise Planning and Global teams.
- Influence regional decision making at key milestone meetings, sign offs and line adoption.
- Conduct continual market and trend research to identify opportunities to grow the business and strengthen the collection.
- Ensure seasonal buy is meeting or exceeding margin targets.
- Create and maintain all seasonal reporting documents (line decks/margin/strategy and budget template/capacity/add-drop).
- Ensure line matrix and system accuracy (xpc, 7th on line)
- Manage product development calendar deliverables
- Cross functional Partner
- Familiarity with both Full & Off-Price product assortments in men’s & women’s as point of reference in development/segmentation strategies.
- Represents North America in global meetings; aggregates channel needs on a consistent basis.
- Identify whitespace opportunity through selling data, team feedback and analyzing the competitive landscape.
- Partnership with global and marketing teams to ensure alignment across marketing and key product initiatives.
- Minimum of 5+years in a fashion merchandising. Wholesale and retail vertical product development experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in Merchandising, Buying, Product Development is strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Strategic thinker who recognizes opportunities and can influence decision makers to move to execution
- Strong product sense with proven experience in driving product assortments and partnering with Design to conceive product concepts that drive business
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of analytical skills and conceptual creative ability
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH