The Style Merchandise Manager drives sales, profit and an extraordinary customer experience by leading and developing strategies that bring Macy’s Own Your Style to life through compelling merchandise execution and impactful visual presentations. The Style Merchandise Manager leads a team of colleagues who are responsible for ensuring the merchandise in their Macy’s Store is ready for the customer to shop. This role leads all activities from receipt of product to ensuring the product is floor ready for customer purchase. These activities include merchandising, product movement, price changes, signage, visual execution, event set-up and reverse logistics.
- Inspire Fashion and Style through compelling merchandise presentation and visual statements.
- Lead DEI through mannequin and trend presentations inspiring customers to find their personal style.
- Drive sales and profit results by leading and developing strategies and appropriately planning/executing workload on the following: pricing, signing, visual execution, merchandise execution, event execution.
- Deliver impactful visual presentations (mannequin styling, window installations, trend statements, fixture placement and consistency, wall formats, visual collateral).
- Provide strategic support for Own Your Style fixtures/fashion and trend set ups. Follow centrally provided style and fashion inspiration on a monthly and seasonal cadence, but leverage own knowledge and curiosity for current fashion, styling and trends along with a passion for creating an inspiring customer experience.
- Drive optimal merchandise execution standards, dissect seasonal and monthly execution guides and tailor to store architecture and assortment. Drive the communication, execution and training of all visual merchandising directives, merchandising standards for each family of business, and brand partner standards to ensure the floor is always customer-ready. Follow ADA standards. Seek appropriate feedback from Division and Region partners.
- Actively seek and share best practice photos and actions with peers and team.
- Actively participate and communicate in monthly conference calls with District Visual Director.
- Train and develop the Customer Experience Manager and hourly colleagues on merchandise placement, execution and style, including visual elements.
- Execute the inventory management strategy in collaboration with Supply Chain to support end of year inventory process.
- Communicate and collaborate to support receipt flow, placement, and stockroom management.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation, including visual signage, key item placement, and seasonal fashion trend statements, lead sales event set-up.
- Collaborate with Omni Operations Manager to oversee management of RFID program.
- Analyze merchandising reports to review business results and develop appropriate strategies to capitalize on business strengths and impact deficiencies.
- Foster an environment of safety and support MBA in risk/safety program.
- Facilitate effective workload planning process to accomplish tasks and plan appropriate time for merchandise and visual presentations to support the customer experience.
- Direct and organize merchandise receipt placement, replenishment and sales promotion set-up; plan, execute and lead floor/fixture moves, merchandise placement and presentation while ensuring compliance is maintained to support merchandise protection standards.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop, coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports; establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support; direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with colleagues.