THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
As a Merchandise Manager at Ulta Beauty, you are responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values and contributing to a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth for a store through operational excellence. You will support the Operations Manager by leading a talented team of Beauty Advisors and Task Associates to complete operational tasks and have accountability for the shipment process, replenishment, omni-channel, price changes, and markdowns. This is an opportunity to build deeper levels of operational excellence while stretching into new areas of challenge and professional fulfillment. Explore your professional capabilities and make a meaningful difference for our guests, our associates, our company, and your career.
You’ll accomplish all of this by:
- Promoting a culture of accountability to meet or exceed the store’s goals related to retail and service sales, guest loyalty (including credit), payroll, omni-channel, and retail shrink as set by Ulta Beauty for the store.
- Utilizing the company’s task management system to prioritize and ensure the execution of all operational focuses inclusive of shipment, replenishment, omni-channel, price changes, and markdowns.
- Forecasting and adjusting the store’s payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales and payroll goals, and complete operational task workload on time and within the payroll budget.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and reacting to financial and operational reporting.
- Executing the Guest Engagement Leader program flawlessly through business ownership, associate coaching, and leading a helpful and friendly guest experience.
- Performing makeup applications, skincare analysis and product demonstrations.
- Attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse team of top talent.
- Creating an inclusive environment and supporting all aspects of associate professional development, including training, coaching and succession planning.
- Protecting company assets and minimizing loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Supporting continuous improvement by influencing the adoption of company initiatives and technology, communicating expectations, and ensuring the execution of all store tasks.
- Ensuring adherence to all Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards.
- Communicating and providing feedback to store and field leadership.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will be retail leaders who possess 1-2+ years of fast-paced retail management or other relevant work experience. Additional requirements include:
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense.
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service culture, and executing merchandising directives.
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing a team.
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., Point of Sale system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work shifts beginning at 5:00 a.m.
- Must be available to work shifts on Sundays and Mondays.
- Continuous mobility throughout the store during shift.
- Continuous and/or frequent bending, pulling, pushing, crouching, stooping, reaching, and twisting during shift.
- Continuous coordination and manipulation of objects during shift.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 40 lbs. during shift.
- Frequent use of a computer, telephonic devices, and related office supplies.