Merchandise Manager, Wholesale Jewelry
SUMMARY:This role is a holistic approach to the line. They will be accountable for the entire line as well as managing the fashion segment. The main goal is to manage his or her brands’ daily tasks but also thinking strategically forward to keep building the brand forward. In addition, the director is responsible for oversight of his or her merchants as well as any licensee involvement in the brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Accountable for the creation of the line through the following tools: building a product plan for each market, creation of line plan for each market based on projections, as well as continual updates to both tools on an as needed basis.
· Accountability for product setup in RLM as well as continual updates until the sku is through the entire life cycle. Director is accountable for ensuring that all updates are completed in a timely manner.
· Ability to strategically plan and guide multiple brands’ successfully.
· Manages individual brands’ finances, inventory levels, strong product understanding, trend and design sense.
· Communicates all pertinent information to internal team as well as external team.
· Accountability for accuracy of buys as well as inventory planning.
· Knowledge of product flow and ability to execute lines to positive, meaningful flow at retail among a variety of baseline scenarios
· Knowledge of product development process by brand to accurately plan AUR and timeline needs
· Identify product opportunities based on financial, design and competition.
· Strong understanding of retail math, inventory management, and financial information.
· Ability to understand replenishment and control basic inventory.
· Ability to multi-task and take on additional projects when needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:This position oversees merchandisers and the number of individuals varies by volume of the division. This position is responsible for training.
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must have strong analytical, computer and organizational skills.
· Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
· Must have strong communication skills.