Create, input, and maintain statistical forecast models using quantitative and qualitative analysis that incorporates sales trends, promotional plans, new product launches and business intelligence from cross-functional partners.
- Develop and communicate demand forecasts, including category, SKU, style, etc.
- Consistently review statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results, researching and reconciling variances, then re-defining the models to incorporate updated assumptions.
- Collaborate with Sales, Merchandising, Marketing, Finance and Operations teams to understand demand forecast drivers, reconcile variances, and document and integrate assumptions into the demand plan.
- Develop in-depth analysis and performance metrics to identify issues and/or opportunities, making recommendations for demand plan improvements.
- Communicate findings to the appropriate business partners/teams, contributing to the development of buy and inventory strategies on existing items, new products, carry-overs and product phase-outs.
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional actions involved in meeting necessary timelines to launch, drop or transition aging or mature product.
- Develop and maintain unit and dollar sales, inventory, receipt, margin and turn plans by month, season, and year for the Purchasing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising or related field
- Generally, 4+ years forecasting, inventory and production planning experience, planning in a multi-channel environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Excellent math skills
- Proficient with forecasting and statistics concepts
- Have strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Appreciate teamwork and enjoy working with others
- Able to multitask and keep everything organized
- Are a strong communicator (oral and written)
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment