The key responsibility of the Merchandise Planner is to plan/forecast sales, markdowns and margin for their area/department of responsibility for LATAM. They are directly responsible for setting the markdown budget by promotion by country for their area/department. They work closely with the Merchandise buying teams and Managers to execute against company and departmental strategies.
- Build financial plans for their area/department including Sales, margin, inventory, receipts and turnover in accordance with company direction.
- Monitor open to buy and analyze business trends at a classification level to make recommendations for changes to forecasts. Manage all preparations for presentations for monthly open to buy meetings.
- Partner with Buyers to align future purchases in accordance with trends of the business.
- Collaborate with LATAM field organization on market basket activities to manage pricing by market and country to keep business in optimal competitive positioning in each market.
- Develop markdown plans for each promotion in the promo calendar. Develop plans to ensure adequate promotional and clearance markdowns are available to address slow selling product and ensure aged content stays within guidelines.
- Present proposals prior to execution of pricing for each promotion to the VP of MP&A and CMO including variances and special markdowns needed by country.
- Collaborate with Buyers to build financial receipt plans in support of area/department strategies and ensure timing is consistent with key strategy delivery in store across LATAM.
- Conduct merchandise margin analysis for preparation to OTB meetings and to CEO and CMO of LATAM including insights for prior months performance and key drivers as well as recommendations for improvement and maximization of margin.
- Provide necessary analysis in preparation for key meetings, participate in special projects, and conduct ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Utilize quarterly business correctable analysis to provide insights for missed opportunities by country/promotion for area of responsibility.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing or related experience
- 1 to 2 years of Retail merchandise planning/allocation experience required
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Proven ability to problem solve, identify opportunities, and implement improvements
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced ever changing work environment as well as a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Combination of strong analytical and communication skills
- Advanced technical skills including Excel, Access, Data Warehouse Systems, and Planning Systems
- Ability to run reporting and summarize large amounts of data
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance