Since 1986, our mission has been simple. We design and build heirloom quality products while holding true to our commitment to use earth-friendly materials and to give back whenever possible. We are looking for someone who shares our love of story-telling and believes passionately in the value of heirloom quality artisan furniture, sustainability, and our mission to continue to learn and grow as a brand.
TheMerchandise Planneris responsible for creating and maintaining monthly department and item financial plans for their assigned categories and effectively partnering with the Product Developers and Merchants on identifying and implementing strategies to achieve the approved plans.
- Develop yearly/monthly category merchandise financial plans in accordance with company goals, historical performance, and trend analysis.
- Create sales and inventory plans by item ensuring the correct levels to support the category plan.
- Continuously analyze and reforecast the business and recommend/implement strategies to maximize opportunities and minimize risk.
- Manage inventory levels to stay in line with the turn and inventory plan. Partner with vendors to place and adjust on order monthly.
- Develop pricing strategy for new products, promotions, and markdowns.
- Evaluate stock and sales by location for replenishment products and make recommendations to balance inventory and optimize margins.
- Partner with Merchant and Product Developer to create seasonal merchandise and financial strategies that support the company targets and objectives. Present strategies to Senior Management.
- Quarterly conduct detailed hindsight analysis and present findings and go forward actions to the management team.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Merchant team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Merchandise Planning, allocation or buying
- High proficiency in Excel
- Thorough understanding of retail math
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in an ever-changing environment with efficiency and accuracy
Arhaus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Arhaus is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Arhaus are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Arhaus will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Arhaus encourages applicants of all ages.