In office M-F. No relocation provided. Position is in the suburbs.
If you work well independently, are a good decision maker are comfortable analyzing sales and have inventory experience this is a perfect role to learn and grow in.
You will work for retailer with a down to earth, proud corporate culture and rich history.
We are looking for a Merchandise Planner with 2+ years of experience who can put their analytical and creative skills to work to support the team to enhance the business (eCommerce/catalog).
The Merchandise Planner is responsible for creating profitable sales driven assortments for assigned catalogs. You will work closely with the Buying, Creative and Inventory Management departments. Analyze past and current sales and profit data, evaluate inventory to ensure merchandise is in stock at live or drop ship catalog date!
- Build cohesive, profit driven merchandise assortment presentations in print media.
- Analyze historical results to identify bring-back items that could become profitable again.
- Perform independent analysis and recommends courses of action to drive profitable sales.
- Analyze creative presentations to understand the most profitable ways to feature each item.
- Analyze sales by size and color to recommend additions and deletions.
- Review and recommend strategies to maximize the profitability of excess inventory including markdown strategy.
- Understand product seasonality and sales trend.
- Prepare pre-season, in-season and post-season analysis of items in each catalog.
- Collaborate closely and build trust among cross-functional partners to drive desired results.
- Own, manage and create ad-hoc reports and analyze to effectively communicate problems, solutions and opportunities to the management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Business or related
- 2+ years’ work related experience in one of the following areas: Merchandising, Buying, Inventory Management or Marketing
- Direct Marketing experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of merchandising, assortment and inventory planning
- Superior Excel skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to build relationships with and influence cross-functional partners
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and have quick turnarounds
Please provide job code when applying. Position has base salary plus bonus.