Harper Wilde is the next market leader in intimates. We provide the most comfortable, quality products, through an empowering experience, at half the price of competitors. Intimates is a basics industry with extreme loyalty, and is ripe for a new mass-market brand that provides comfort, quality, and style at fair prices. Our mission is to Lift Up The Ladies, including the next generation of leading women, by partnering with and donating 1% of proceeds to Girls Inc. Harper Wilde has raised more than $30M to date and is backed by investors such as NEA and Creative Arts Agency (CAA). The brand and products have been featured in Vogue, New York Times, Good Morning America, Forbes, Fast Company, and more.
We are a team of 21 and growing quickly. We are smart, funny, kind and data-driven. We’re hiring team members who understand what it means to work at a fast-paced growing startup and who embody our Core Values of Hunger, Humility, and an Ownership Mindset.
The Merchandise Planner will be responsible for the merchandise planning process from beginning to end, including pre-season planning, buying, and in-season management. This role will develop and maintain sales, inventory and margin plans that drive topline goals and meet inventory targets. We are at an exciting stage of growth and looking to refine and optimize the existing planning process to support our continued rapid growth.
The Merchandise Planner will be a business driver, someone who takes initiative and uses a data-driven approach to direct business strategy and achieve sales objectives. A successful candidate will be highly metrics-driven and analytical, love to work across cross-functional teams and have strong creative problem solving skills.
- Develop pre-season top-down/bottom-up assortment plans for sales, inventory, and margin to the style/choice level. Utilize analysis of sales results, identifying misses and growth drivers, to build plans in support of productivity and top line financial targets.
- Revise in-season plans, reflecting current trends and future product initiatives while minimizing risk. Analyze performance relative to plan and trend, improving reliability through plan accuracy.
- Manage the Open-to-Buy in partnership with Merchandising, developing merchandise strategies in response to current business trends, ensuring all plans tie back to seasonal receipt targets.
- Actively manage and report on inventory levels, maintaining target inventory turns. Communicate over/under bought inventory positions and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Initiate analysis of business and product selling trends, using a data-driven approach to make recommendations for key financial meetings and decisions in order to maximize sales and optimize inventory productivity.
- Completes scenario planning and trade-off analysis to advise on level of risk and opportunity with both new and existing items in the assortment, and provide appropriate financial planning recommendations.
- Partner with Merchant on assortment optimization – provide recommendations on exit strategies, test initiatives, new item launches and collections based on current performance, with an eye to financial targets.
- Maintain inventory planning software platform (Singuli), in partnership with Operations and Supply Chain teams.
- 5-7 years of planning experience, DTC ecommerce assortment planning preferred
- Demonstrated experience in OTB management, with a strong understanding of the sales and inventory lifecycle in a retail business
- Strong excel skills, with ability to both adopt and build dynamic reporting
- High levels of computer literacy, with ability to quickly learn and master new systems
- Highly analytical; able to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
- Stays flexible and positive in a fast paced and changing environment
- Excellent communicator and cross-functional partner; able to influence at all levels and clearly communicate a data backed point of view
- Accountable for results with an optimization mindset; approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues
- Willingness to learn and teach, with a great sense of humor
- Driven by a challenge and looking to make a large contribution to a growing business