In this role you will be a part of the Inventory Management team that brings the financial strategy of our product vision to life by managing the largest financial asset of the company: our product itself. As Merchandise Planner, you will drive the success of one or more product categories by creating a financial roadmap and marrying it to brand strategy and customer needs. You are passionate about using your qualitative and quantitative skillset in a fashion retail environment and find joy and creativity in forecasting and financial planning. You are curious, innovative, and focused on executing an amazing customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Strong analytical and storytelling skills will serve you well, and a collaborative mindset is a must.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by division and department
- Create preseason sales, gross margin and inventory plans by division and department that support product strategies
- Reconcile top down to bottom up division/department plans
- Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in open to buy meeting
- Reforecast sales and manage inventory for all basic styles to meet department financial goals
- Communicate financial results and forecasts to manager and cross functional team on a weekly basis
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross functional team (Merchandising, Visual, Production, Distribution, Planning and Company Planning), setting expectations around prioritization and best practices around key deliverables
Who You Are:
- Must love Excel, have advanced technical skills, and be systems savvy
- Believe in the Power of Team; builds constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong business acumen and strategic agility, able to handle many projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing workload
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Benefits at Gap
Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
Employee stock purchase plan.*
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $79,800 - $105,800 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.