The Merchandise Planner is a leader within the Planning organization. The ability to influence both peers and managers is critical for success in this role. Merchandise Planners are accountable for analysis of in-season business and the development of future financial strategies that support financial goals. Through their analysis and development of financial strategies, the Planner will collaborate with Merchandising, Production, Deployment and Demand Planning.
Why You Belong Here:At Victoria’s Secret, we acknowledge your value. We recognize that every associate has something unique to add to our brand and business. We strive to recruit, retain, and advance diverse talent that reflects the customers we serve and the communities where we live and work. We foster a culture where everyone belongs because we know our business thrives most when we look for, listen to, and amplify diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We place the customer at the heart of everything we do. We dream big, embrace curiosity and creativity while always learning from our mistakes. We lead with integrity, trust, and respect to achieve the best outcomes as one team.
- Empowered to make decisions in partner with their leader while also balancing input from cross-functional team members
- Analyze business performance and make recommendations that will maximize sale, profitability, and inventory and mitigate risk – weekly/monthly for MPC.
- Revise plans based on actual results for all planning metrics.
- Partner with merchants and planning leadership on seasonal strategy.
- Develop mark down strategies to optimize sell thru and profitability
- Forward planning – highlight risks and opportunities based on fact based assortment analytics.
- Support creation of financial decks with commentary for key business meetings (i.e. MPC, Buy Review and Hindsight)
- Improve capabilities around analytics, conclusions, recommendations, to assist in driving key milestone meetings to conclusion with improved communication and influence.
- Plan and manage back orders, returns and cancelations. To include BORIS/SOOS impacts on plans and results.
- Manage greige/fabric positioning and liability in conjunction with Production
- Maintain and take accountability for delegated tasks
- Leverage experience in role to mentor and assist Associate/new Merch Planners in thought process and planning methodologies
- Assist Management with special projects and initiatives
- Participate in multi-level meetings
- Build and evolve R&R/speed calendars with Production partnership applicable to category
- Leader/shadow for the floor (build organizational influence)
Click here for benefit details related to this position.
Minimum Salary: $81,000.00
Maximum Salary: $110,250.00
VS&Co provides a range of compensation for this role as shown. Your actual salary will be determined by a number of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic region, or other relevant factors.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Business, Finance, Operations or Statistics. Advanced degree in quantitative analysis, finance or business administration preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of retail merchandise planning; inventory management; financial planning or financial analysis experience
- Very strong numbers aptitude (statistical/accounting experience/analysis experience)
- Proficient with forecasting methodologies and statistical modeling
- Strong communication and presentation skills: concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
- Ability to advance to high levels of computer literacy; exposure to relevant planning, finance, analytical, data management systems: Unit Flow Demand Projection System; Microsoft Office Suite; Excel Add-In; Microstrategy and Essbase
- Analytical thinker - problem solver
- Strong collaboration skills needed
- Management experience a plus, but not required
- Adapts to situational demands, flexible
- Strong organizational skills, multi tasked oriented
- Proficient in Excel and Microstrategy
- Attention to detail, accuracy, disciplined to check work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Communicate to all levels with a clear, concise point of view, both verbally and in writing
- Strong Presentation skills
- Assess and identify risks and opportunities
- Dedicated, self-motivated
- Ability to motivate people
- Team Player
- Experience in Digital planning tools
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.