Neiman Marcus Group is a relationship business that leads with love in everything we do—for our customers, associates, brand partners, and communities. Our legacy of innovating and our culture of Belonging guide our roadmap for Revolutionizing Luxury Experiences.
Your Role As a Merchandise Planner , y ou will be reporting to a Manager of Merchandise Planning and have responsibility over a category/group of categories of business , with direct ownership over a designated area.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all phases of financial planning and partner with Manager, DMMs & B uyers to develop and execute pre-season plans, purchase plans and in-season forecast/open-to-buy
- Partner with Manager and Buyers to develop and execute strategies to deliver on sales, margin and inventory targets
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Show urgency and respond quickly to changes in business needs or trends
- Manage inventory content and aging to accurately quantify markdown cost and timing
- Manage brand sales and margin performance, partnering with Buyers on season-end negotiations
- Show aptitude for reporting, analysis and creation of ad hoc reporting; coupled with presentation of analysis and strategic action - plans
- Proactively synthesiz e and distill key data-based recomm endations & present to Manager, Buyers & DMM.
- Minimum 2 -3 + years of planning experience for online and in-store settings
- Minimum 2 -3 + years of o pen - to -b uy ownership
- Minimum 2 -3 + years of Microsoft Excel experience (certification is a plus)
- Relationship management with a customer focus
- Effective communication skills- ability to distill key takeaways in executive recaps & ability to effectively present and communicate with key stakeholders
- Strong organization, leadership, management, and customer service skills
- Self-motivation and action/ results-oriented mindset
- Aptitude for problem solving & self-starter qualities
- Entrepreneurial spirit & strategic thinking to achieve goals; strong drive for results
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits, including wellness and healthy lifestyle support, for associates, spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Flexible Spending Account for eligible medical and dependent (day care) expenses
- Disability Benefits, including Short-Term Disability providing income replacement up to 26 weeks
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave, 2 weeks of Paid Family Leave, and Adoption Support of $10,000
- Paid Time Off, including 6 paid holidays, flexible time off for vacations and personal time, 3 volunteer days, and 7 sick days
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with NMG matching and $20,000 Term Life Insurance paid by NMG with additional voluntary coverage available
- Financial Solutions, including Credit Union membership, pay advances via PayActiv, tuition reimbursement, and scholarship opportunities
- NMG Associate’s Core Discount of 30% with multiple in-store opportunities for an additional 30% off across select brands
- NMG Matching Gift Program up to $2,000 to eligible non-profits, Hardship Assistance Grants up to $7,500 for Associates, and a volunteer opportunity hub through NMG’s All Heart Program
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities with 16,000+ online learning opportunities, including NMG’s Fashion Your Future, LinkedIn Learning, MasterClass, BetterUp, Connected Leaders Academy, 9 Associate Community Networks, and additional personalized learning experiences
- NMG Discount Marketplace featuring 1,000s of products and services with over $5,000 in saving
As one of the largest multi-brand luxury retailers in the U.S., with 3,000+ of the world's most desirable brand partners, we're delivering exceptional products and intelligent services enabled by our investments in data and technology. Through the expertise of our associates, we deliver and scale a personalized luxury experience across our three channels of in-store, eCommerce, and remote selling. Our NMG|Way culture, powered by our people, combines individual talents into a collective strength to make life extraordinary. Our brands include Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a woman co-founded, majority women-led organization outpacing the U.S. population in racial and ethnic diversity and led by one of corporate America’s few openly gay CEOs, Neiman Marcus Group is proud to celebrate associates from different backgrounds, experiences, and communities. We've made it a priority to cultivate a culture where everyone Belongs and where showing up as your full and authentic self is encouraged.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our Talent Attraction process. If you have a disability and need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at ApplicantSupport@NeimanMarcus.com.
- Posting Date: Oct 27, 2023
- Overtime Status: Exempt
- Minimum Pay Range $: 85000
- Maximum Pay Range $: 85000