Iconic. Approachable. Connected. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day at Janie and Jack. We set ourselves apart with outstanding quality and great care to every detail, from our clothing to our customer service to the people we work with. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will maximize sales and margin through the strategic positioning of inventory investments and the methodical management of in-season profitability. Ownership of business Includes: retail, outlet and the online channels.
- Manage to sales, gross margin, and inventory goals by creating pre-season strategies for various categories and collections.
- Collaborate with merchant teams to develop comprehensive pre-season strategies that align financial and product opportunities for all channels
- Produce department and category pre-season sales, gross margin, and inventory plans that align to company budget targets by channel
- Create inventory investment (style level buy) plans that support brand product strategies and hit divisional financial plans
- Assess historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Create and update reporting to analyze performance by channel to the lowest level. Create recaps to communicate findings to the cross functional team & management
- Ability to maintain data integrity and correct inconsistencies in reporting and tools
- Maximize profitability through strategic pricing decisions with a focus on the omni customer experience
- Own department pricing by channel to drive sales and profit within the brand constraints while aligning with other departments
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred
- Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
- Strong working relationships with multiple cross-functional partners ensuring business success
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
- Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time.
- Previous knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas)
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
· The Product—so good, you’ll be using your employee discount more than you probably should
· The People—ask anyone that works here…we have incredible people on our team
· The Experience—you’ll enjoy a rewarding career at a respected children’s brand
Let’s Talk Perks!
· Employee discount at Janie and Jack
· Paid holidays and flexible time off
· Generous Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contributions for individuals and families
· Flexible Spending Accounts and commuter benefits
· Life insurance
Janie and Jack is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.