A popular apparel brand in San Francisco is looking for a Merchandise Planner to join their team!
This position can be remote!
As the Planner, you will be a trusted partner to support brand/category strategy for Men's Tops & Outerwear. You have financial experience of the Retail market to inform the retail buy plans, and can identify important business issues and provide analysis on opportunities and risks in the business. You will work with the merchant and allocation management partners to ensure end-to-end strategy execution and line productivity.
About the Job
- Collaboration with Retail Merchants to develop customer segment productivity targets (assortment architecture)
- Develop bottom-up sales and inventory plans, informing financial and inventory decisions
- Help implement in-season activities within the team including forecasts and retail sales
- Review monthly retail forecast and reconcile against plans
- Manage reconciliation between bottom-up plans and top down targets
- Work with partners to ensure in-season allocation and replenishment
- Manage in-season profitability to achieve or exceed seasonal performance
- Collaborate Retail Merchants to manage product life-cycle
- Support Retail Planning Director to recommend profitable inventory decisions
- Conduct quantitative analysis to increase line profitability—monetize new opportunities and identify risks
- Perform analysis on seasons' financial and assortment performance to develop next seasons' inventory plans
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of college education and related work experience may be used as a substitute
- 2+ years of Planning experience
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
- Be an independent problem solver
- Strong analytical skills to interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data
- Well versed in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions) and open to new systems
Please submit a resume for consideration.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.