At GameStop, we are committed to providing exceptional service and delivering the latest and greatest in gaming products to our customers. As a leading global retailer of video games, electronics, and gaming merchandise, we take pride in offering a wide range of products that cater to the needs and desires of gamers worldwide. Our mission is to create unforgettable experiences for our customers by constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible. Whether you're a hardcore gamer or just starting out, we've got something for everyone. Join us in our mission to shape the future of gaming and bring the best gaming products to the world!
This position will site onsite in the Grapevine location 5 days a week
What will I do?
- Plan and Track Key Metrics (KPI's) by Brand and Channel.
- Responsible to Hindsight the Business - determine what worked and what did not work and why. Make recommendations to Drive sales and improve GM
- Manage with Planning Teams and Merchandising Formalized Test Process.
- Manages and facilitates monthly Sales, GM, and Inventory plan and forecast process. Provides Finance with monthly forecasts by Category and Product to complete P&L and Balance sheet.
- Support Merchandising with Sales and GM analysis by style as part of the Buy Process to ensure overall product targets are achieved.
- Analyzes the business and identifies risks and opportunities with the Brand and Channel level forecasts. Make recommendations to ensure plans are achieved.
- Inventory Management: Manage receipts to budget by scrutinizing buys with a focus on optimal inventory turn, while taking into consideration individual brand calendars and flow of newness. Maintain direct communication with brands pertaining to deliveries.
- Manage the critical assessment and hindsight of merchandise strategy to inform future planning and execution activities.
- Execute key weekly reporting utilized by cross-functional teams to analyze the business. Analyze and report on results with a focus on action planning.
- Function as project manager for ad hoc projects, system implementations and updates, merchandise initiatives, etc.
- Develop item-level promotional and markdown strategies on a weekly basis. Partner with Planning and Merchant team to accuracy of system entry.
- Create and publish various weekly Merchandise Planning reports, including ad hoc recaps.
- Collaborate with CFT for replenishment, receipt flow, testing strategies, with direction from Senior Planner.
- Works with Merchandising and Supply Chain to support planning for capacity and product procurement.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Develop and leverage collaborative relationships with colleagues throughout the organization to build credibility and strong partnerships.
- Business Acumen – Understand complex business issues and what drives good decision making.
- Navigating Complexity — Proactively and quickly makes sense of complex issues; responds effectively to complex and ambiguous situations; communicates complex information simply.
- Innovation and Problem Solving — Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
What do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years business experience with leading and managing teams.
- Strong interpersonal, written & verbal skills and ability to operate as a business partner across multiple functions is required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret meaningful trends from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality of work.
- Solid experience in leading and team building skills, including mentoring, training, and development by providing on-going coaching.
- Understanding of retail financial measurements across Stores and Ecommerce channels.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & planning tools/systems.