The Merchandise Planner will be responsible for developing and preparing all planning aspects of the Buying Team. He or she must demonstrate the ability to blend the product and merchandising elements into common themes to appeal to specific customer profiles. Reporting to the Director of Merchandise Planning, The Merchandise Planner will manage their category financials while collaborating to execute the company financial plan as a whole. Through these processes, the Merchandise Planner will provide the vehicle for his or her Buying Team to manage and drive sales, stimulate business, and ensure overall department profitability. A successful candidate will be able to collaborate on plans for products with his or her Buying Team and blend those initiatives into a plan to achieve the company’s financial targets.
- Prepare both short and long term plans to achieve sales & margin targets, receipts & inventory objectives, as well as turn and GMROI goals.
- Work with the Category Manager to develop customer-focused assortments and plan-o-grams for his or her product categories.
- Provide a “Plan to Sell” for each category initiative.
- Identify trends and analyze current department business to maximize growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Director of Merchandise Planning to align on total company plans/goals.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field with three to five years’ experience in a retail buying environment or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of merchandising and replenishment principles, practices, and procedures.
- Must be familiar with MS Office products.
- Experience in E3/JDA preferred.