AKIRA Merchandise Planner
In 2002, AKIRA opened the doors to its first women's clothing boutique in Chicago. Since then, the company has extended its reach to 30+ stores across the United States, as well as a thriving eCommerce business (shopAKIRA.com.) AKIRA is extremely well-poised for sustained growth as we continue to build a nationally recognized brand.
AKIRA’s culture has one very large, distinct difference from other fast-fashion competitors: Other-Worldly Customer Service and Fanatical, Obsessive Attention to the consumer’s needs and desires. The core principle for all employees at AKIRA is to Act and Think Like an Owner, and this belief can be reflected across all areas of the company.
The AKIRA Merchandise Planner will be responsible for OTB updating and
re-forecasting, class and SKU planning and ad hoc reporting as needed across all categories. Most importantly we need this person to be able to tell the story with the numbers. This is a full-
time, on-site position.
Chicago, IL on-site
- Seasonal hind sighting on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis to present and share with buying team
- Sales and inventory re-forecasting as needed
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting as well as Ad Hoc reporting based on business needs
- In-season inventory management through markdowns and receipt analysis
- Pre-season planning and assortment architecture
- Updating, maintaining, and managing OTB. Providing feedback and callouts, identifying risks and opportunities within OTB
- Running weekly reports and updating weekly tools
- Ad hoc projects as needed
The ideal candidate is:
- Must have 1-2 years experience with merchandise planning
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excel master, comfortable with data manipulation to get needed information
- Comfortable with communicating with multiple teams, and able to influence decision making
- Successful multitasker
- Ok with a fast pace, ever changing environment
- Interest in fashion/retail industry
Benefits and Perks:
AKIRA offers competitive benefits for full time employees, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet, Life, LTD, FSA/HSA/Dependent Care FSA, Flex Transit (CTA), 401(k), and employee discount. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing significant career enrichment opportunities. Most importantly, what has propelled AKIRA’s growth and success over the years has been the dynamic culture within the company - if you’re filled with passion, have a strong desire to get things done, and if you want to go to a place where you know your work matters and where you can implement your ideas and decisions, then AKIRA just might be the place for you.
Job Type: Full-time In Office