The Role + Purpose:
Collaborate with Merchants and Allocators on preseason and in season plans to align on sales and inventory strategies. Provide team with diagnosis of the business and own suggested course of action.
- Create preseason sales, margin and inventory plans by department, class, style, and color. Analyze and report on previous quarter results; identify “missed sales” and growth drivers over prior year
- Summarize the opportunity and risk of a product plan as it relates to trend and financial metrics: initial mark-up, average unit retail, average unit cost, net margin dollars/rate.
- Recommend style count, cc count and flow of goods for optimal results.
- Independently develop and present the financial strategy associated with growth and diminish categories in quarterly investment review meetings.
- Effectively communicate support for style level buys as it relates to current trend, historical findings, or related categories.
- Provide daily and weekly updates on business as it relates to last forecast, identifying trends, and highlighting selling that exceeds or falls short of expectation.
- Prepare sales, margin and inventory forecast and lead team in monthly OTB forecast meetings for current year; provide sales trend opportunity for future quarters, validate stock-to-sales relationships, maximize receipt flow to improve turn, reconcile receipts and suggest pricing strategies to drive profitability.
- Generate and manage style level weekly unit sales plans in season to inform total department sales expectation by week/month/quarter and identify styles contributing to a +/- to forecast.
- Propose markdown and promotional strategies to maximize profitability on the life of an item or category; provide pricing and margin dollar gain/loss scenarios.
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years of merchandise planning experience; a total of 4-5 years of related experience in allocation, merchandising, financial planning, strategy or business analytics
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize business performance into key highlights, root cause analysis and action plans.