Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever-changing retail landscape! We are a financially strong, billion-dollar organization with over 650 retail stores across 23 states. With an eye to the future, we continue to enter new markets and expand our customer base!
We are excited to be back into the office and believe we are better when we are together. We invest in our associates with training and development and build careers through collaboration, strong relationships, and supportive leadership. Our company values, competencies and culture will continue to be strengthened by our associates working together in the same location here in Florida.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity, and sustainability. We are led by servant leaders who are genuinely grateful for our contributions every day. Our associates strive to exceed expectations and drive results through empowerment and ownership. Come join a team that brings a people-first approach to doing business!MERCHANDISE PLANNERIMPACT ON YOUR BUSINESS
The Merchandise Planner is responsible for achieving sales, profit and turn objectives by developing strategies to maximize a business category. They will be able to navigate ambiguity and react quickly to business needs. They must be a strong analytical thinker. The Merchandise Planner will lead others and need to motivate, influence, and inspire as well as provide leadership and training to others. The Merchandise Planner will report to a Group Planner or Divisional Planning Manager.EXPECTATIONS FOR SUCCESS
- Develop plans to achieve the business objectives including sales, inventory, markdowns, gross margin and turn. Manage plans pre and post season.
- Read and react to business weekly and re-forecast plans in season. Develop actionable strategies with business partners to maximize sales and gross margin.
- Manage inventory content, performance and aging to mitigate MD liability.
- Create assortment plans that support the financial plans and reconcile the Buyers merchandise plans, while adjusting based on store performance and reforecasting.
- Work independently and cross functionally; be able to influence merchant partners to implement strategies.
- Analyze weekly sales, generate reports, while reading and reacting to business as needed to meet and improve financial objectives.
- Responsible for leading location and allocation strategies with business partners to maximize sales and profit.
- Plan and monitor store need in correlation with consistent and timely flow of communication with all business partners.
- Travels to stores and competition consistently to assess and take action to maximize sales and profit by location.
- Fosters collaboration and sharing of ideas and resources across divisions and functional areas.
- 4-year degree in Retail Merchandising, or Business Administration, required.
- Two to four years of work-related experience required.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Team player with a positive mental attitude; self-motivated.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple teams.
- Ability to occasionally work varying hours.