Merchandise Planner (apparel)
Responsible for maximizing sales and margin for specific product categories through effective and timely Pre-season and In-season inventory management and is responsible for reacting to current business trends and executing future business direction.Job ResponsibilitiesCore Accountabilities:
- E xecute seasonal department financial plans for specific categories that meet division level financial goals.
- Develop and execute style level plans that meet department level financial goals.
- Manage inventory investments to maximize productivity and fulfillment including initial buy, liquidation, reorders, and allocation strategies for specific product categories.
- Manage OTB for specific department product categories.
- Develop fulfillment strategies with key interfaces including Merchandising and Product Development.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain Planning Analysts and/or Planning Reps that will lead and deliver performance excellence while supporting a diverse environment.
- Manage promotional pricing to optimize results by business need
- Prepare for and actively participate in seasonal business reviews and hindsight strategy meetings.
- Proactively identify department specific retail issues and opportunities, proposing solutions and communicating a unified direction.
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as an Eddie Bauer advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a retail planning/buying capacity preferably with a multi-channel retailer.
- Demonstrated experience driving a business through financial planning, gross margin, and inventory management.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, train, develops, and motivates high quality individuals.
- Demonstrated spreadsheet capabilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.Other Considerations:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.Requirements & EEO Statement
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).