The Merchandise Planner will join a team that is responsible for the strategic planning of inventory levels to meet demand, drive margin, and reduce liability to achieve financial targets for GA’s Wholesale and Direct to Consumer channels.
- Retail OTB: Assist in the creation and maintenance of the Retail OTB. Partner across depts to tie all forecasting to company-wide goals and accountability.
- Own replenishment and suggest re-orders for Ecommerce by identifying in-season key trends and identifying recut opportunities
- Own the execution and distribution of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for the Merchandising department
- Own the inventory transfer process between warehouses to strategically leverage total company stock
- Create and track receivers based on inbound shipments into the Ecommerce warehouse
- Partner with customer service, production, and 3PL to ensure on-time delivery and communicate any delays or shortages
- Manage updates in various systems for business needs such as price changes or mass style imports
- Perform ad-hoc analysis based on historical performance, product attributes, and customer behavior
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional partners – merchants, site operations, sales, and marketing
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of 4 years of planning & allocation experience.
- Thorough attention to detail and ownership over the accuracy of distributed reports and information
- Able to adapt to changing priorities, work independently, and proactively identity and solve business issues as they arise
- Clear understanding of basic financial measures: sales, gross margin, weeks on hand / weeks of supply, etc. and how to maximize them
- Strong presentation skills with ability to synthesize complex data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and has ability and interest to master new technical applications (BI, SQL, etc.)