TheMerchandise Planner-Wholesaleis responsible for supporting all aspects of the North America wholesale business. The position will interface regularly with the North America Wholesale team, as well as, cross functional teams across planning and production to manage the daily business needs, address challenges and identify new opportunities.
In this position, you willdevelop the Retail Open to Buy, Seasonal Buys, and Assortment Plans on a seasonal, semi-annual, and annual basis. The position is responsible for the planning and forecasting of sales, inventory, and receipts to coincide with the financial objectives of the company. The position is responsible for aiding in the achievement of financial goals and achievement of annual sales growth by product category.
The Planner will assist the Sr. Wholesale Planning Manager in managing inventory levels by channel and account which are tailored to their individual needs and expected financial outcomes. Position works with Wholesale Sales and Operations teams to ensure merchandise is ordered and shipped to accounts based on pre-season and in-season bookings.
- Responsible for supporting the North America wholesale planning process in developing seasonal plans and strategies that meet or exceed targets (sales, gross margin and inventory turn goals)
- Partner with the North America wholesale sales team to build annual and seasonal top-down and bottom-up sales and inventory plans by channel, account and classification
- Retail OTB: Assist in the creation and maintenance of the Retail OTB. Partner with the Wholesale Sales team and Finance work groups to tie all forecasting to company-wide goals and accountability.
- Monitor performance of sales and inventory plans in an Open-To-Buy weekly/monthly, and be able to recognize opportunities & risks within a plan
- Assist in running of weekly reports, analyze and communicate key selling and financial information to Sales team and management
- Monitor and track receipt flow and partner as necessary with production to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Coordinate inventory sharing with all global planning departments to optimize flow of inventory
- Review wholesale sales order inventory needs weekly and issue needed inventory transfers to ensure all orders are filled and shipped in full
- Monitor sales performance and stock levels of the core assortment on a consistent basis, frequently down to the SKU level, to ensure in stock position and proactively mitigate future stock concerns
- Assist in the overall seasonal projection process and ensure adherence to the global go-to-market calendar
- Assist other departments within the organization in exchanging critical information and data necessary for proper coordination and implementation
- Analyze and draw on Excel skills to help build ad hoc planning and financial reports
- Manage multiple assignments as needed
- Highly organized
- Analytical with evaluative capabilities
- A critical thinker with the ability to work through problems and determine solutions
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
- Proven organizational skills and multi-task oriented
· Exceptional problem solving /decision making skills
- Detail oriented
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Merchandising or related field
- Minimum of 5 years planning experience
- Strong understanding of retail math and an “Open-To-Buy”
- Requires P&L, budgeting, inventory turn and gross margin experience
- Knowledge of product flow and operations
- Proficient in Windows based computer skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· A keen eye for fashion/trend analysis
- Full Circle
- Micro Strategy
- Experience working in a wholesale market
- Experience working with major department stores