At Design Within Reach, home comes first. We believe in creating and sourcing pieces that move with you and are meant to be enjoyed over a lifetime – from home to home, generation to generation. For us, that means exceptionally crafted, built-to-last, and beautifully designed furnishings.
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It’s the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Design Within Reach means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We are redefining modern for the 21st century. And our success allows Design Within Reach to support causes that align with our values, so we can build a more sustainable, equitable, and beautiful future for everyone.
HM Retail is looking for a Merchandise Planner to join our corporate Planning team in our Stamford, CT office (hybrid schedule). As a Planner, you’ll maximize sales and margin in your product categories while optimizing inventory. This role will report to the Planning Manager.What you’ll do:
You'll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you...
- Build and present pre-season merchandise plans that align with the company’s financial objectives, buying strategy, and business trends. Utilize history and relevant data trends to develop a viable forecast that delivers the corporate and merchant vision.
- Create a quantitative pre-season assortment plan that supports the qualitative vision. Identify key investments with merchant and partner with cross-functional teams, including digital, marketing, and operations, to deliver sales plan.
- Analyze in-season sales trends to recommend promotional pricing and chase inventory, in conjunction with your buying partner. Present strategies at monthly planning & buying review and quarterly hindsight.
- Identify ideal flow buys of core items that support sales forecast and optimizes sell-through, turn and warehouse capacity. Use creative problem solving to minimize inventory investments.
- Maximize profitability. Analyze opportunities to increase margin, via mix shift in products, pricing opportunity, and optimal liquidation strategies.
- Help build best-in-class planning processes with the launch of a new planning and allocation system.
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset with the customer centered at core of inventory planning decisions.
This might be you if you have the following experience, skills and abilities:
- 5-7 years of inventory management or retail planning experience.
- Passion for optimizing sales, margin and inventory
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical abilities and detail orientation.
- A strong sense of ownership over work and driving results.
- Team dynamic and willing to roll up your sleeves.
Simply put, we hire everyone. Design Within Reach is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.