Christmas Tree Shops is growing and so is our need for more talented associates. We offer a distinctive, fast paced, and dynamic retail environment where you can truly make a difference AND have a very real opportunity to grow your career! If you are looking for a retail growth company that values both its people and its customers, has a winning track record, and an even brighter future, your search is over - you have discovered Christmas Tree Shops!
The Merchandise Planner partners with Merchants to drive all financial aspects of the business. The Planner will ensure that any actions needed to drive Sales, Profitability, and Inventory efficiencies are carried through by their team through ongoing analysis and communication.
- Drives the development of Pre-Season Financial Plans around Merchandise Assortment strategies.
- Leads the In-Season execution and review of all Financial Plans for each product category.
- Accountable for achieving all sales, profitability, and inventory targets.
- Manages effectively and efficiently open to buy for merchant counterparts.
- Leverages different tools such as key item planning, markdown analysis, ad sales and aged inventory reviews, all with the express purpose of ensuring sales and profitability goals are being met.
- Partner and communicate effectively with multiple departments and team members on merchandise sales and trends to identify business opportunities. Execute strategies to achieve business objectives and maximize sales and profitability.
- Develops new methods to enhance existing processes, including establishing and documenting procedures and monitoring execution.
- Forecasts and tracks success of newly implemented projects/initiatives, opportunity areas and potential liabilities.
- Design both recurring and ad hoc reporting and analysis on key business metrics. Present findings in a clear and actionable form.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Retail, Business or Finance preferred.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in retail planning required.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office including advanced excel skills.
- The position will be a balance of work-from-home and the corporate office, with occasional store visits.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Apply online for immediate consideration.
CTS is a value brick and mortar home goods retailer with a specialty in seasonal products. The Christmas Tree Shops experience revolves around a trend-right, always-changing mix of merchandise that makes each customer visit a shopping adventure of anticipation and delight. The 50-year-old company has roots in the Northeast with the first store located on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and today operates 80 stores in 20 states