Be your best self – join the team at Coldwater Creek!
At Coldwater Creek, we believe that every woman – at every stage – should look and feel her very best. Like her, our brand is rich with spirit and promise. We’re committed to bringing her unexpected and extraordinary styles that fit her life, so she can always be her best self.
We feel the same way about our team. At Coldwater Creek, we have many exciting and rewarding career opportunities at all levels. We’re an omnichannel retailer serving customers online and through our catalogs. Together with our talented team, we continue building on our rich history of unique style and outstanding customer service.
Working at Coldwater Creek
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance first of the month following start date
- Hybrid work schedule
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) Retirement Plan Match
- Employee discounts
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and sick leave
We have an amazing opportunity for a Merchandise Planner to join our growing team! Under the supervision of the Merchandise Planning Manager, this role supports the planning department in all analysis functions, assists in the placement of purchase orders for our growing assortment, provides support for weekly reporting, and supports the liquidation business function. The ideal candidate for this position will be an adept communicator, extremely detail oriented, possess strong cross functional teamwork skills, and have extensive experience with both inventory and assortment planning. This position will bring high energy, teamwork, and a strong attention to detail to the team and will work closely with Planning, Merchandising, Sourcing, Business Analysts, Finance and IT.
- Responsible for department forecasting inventory needs, creating purchase orders with precision and accuracy, sending to Vendors, as well as making any adjustments needed due to vendor feedback.
- Assist in preparation of insight/action for Seasonal Budgets, Catalog Demand Plans, Initial Buys, Open-To-Buy, and Hindsight Reviews.
- Review weekly backorder report to determine necessary purchase order placement or adjustment needs.
- Monitor weekly inbound purchase order reporting to ensure goods arrive on schedule.
- Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained for all size ranges offered.
- Review stock to sales ratios and respond to changing sales trends to ensure all targets are achieved.
- Assist with maintaining documentation for Standard Operating Procedures and cycle maps.
- Support semi-annual review and maintenance of inventory classifications.
- Analyze sales trends, report on all key metrics, and offer suggestions to increase performance.
- Monitor inventory levels on all key businesses and develop strategies to improve merchandise flow and turn.
- Communicates over/under-bought situations and provides recommendations for resolution.
- Partner with merchandising team to identify assortment opportunities.
- Review current assortments and provide recommendations for repeat styles and/or color expansion for subsequent seasons.
- Assist in the development of seasonal and event exclusive style count plans.
- Responsible for review of inventory adjustments and monthly inventory reconciliations to ensure inventory data accuracy and requesting needed cycle counts.
- Responsible for monitoring and bi-weekly reporting regarding “on hold” Warehouse Inventory.
- Analyze weekly Out of Stock Report.
- Challenge the status quo and offer up new ideas to drive sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, or equivalent field.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in merchandise planning, inventory planning, or merchandise analysis.
- Experience with organizing and working with large amounts of data.
- Experience handling 35,000+ SKUs in a direct-to-consumer e-commerce environment.
- Driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency.
- Highly motivated and collaborative self-starter able to juggle multiple projects under tight constraints.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal: Highly motivated, passionate, and creative team-player with ability to lead and develop collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills both verbal & written.
- Customer Service: Able to personally provide & inspire the highest level of service to our internal and external customers, while delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Analytical Problem-Solving & Decision Making: Able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings, and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk, and short-term and long-term impact.
- Adaptability to Change: Able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly, and able to assimilate change positively and proactively in a rapid growth environment.
- Manages Ambiguity: Highly motivated and collaborative self-starter able to juggle multiple projects under tight constraints, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is unclear.
- Organization & Time Management: Able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling, and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail. Results oriented and data driven.
- Systems & Software: Intermediate to Advanced level knowledge of Excel and the entire suite of Microsoft Office software applications.