Job Title: Merchandise Planner (Fashion Industry)
Location: Marietta, GA (On-site, Full-Time)
About Milano Di Rouge:
Milano Di Rouge is a dynamic and innovative fashion brand known for its cutting-edge designs and unwavering commitment to quality. We take pride in delivering unique, trendsetting fashion that resonates with our diverse clientele. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a skilled Merchandise Planner to join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping our product assortment and inventory strategies.
As a Merchandise Planner at Milano Di Rouge, you will be at the forefront of our product planning and inventory management efforts. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the availability of the right products, in the right quantities, at the right time. Your expertise in sales forecasting, assortment planning, and inventory optimization will be essential in driving our success.
- Utilize historical data and market trends to forecast product demand accurately.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to gather insights for forecasting.
- Develop assortment plans that align with customer preferences, fashion trends, and brand identity.
- Continuously refine assortment strategies based on market feedback.
- Set optimal inventory levels to meet customer demand while minimizing carrying costs.
- Monitor and adjust inventory allocations as needed to maximize sales and profitability.
Order Placement and Management:
- Place purchase orders with suppliers and manage order schedules to ensure timely delivery.
- Negotiate terms, pricing, and shipping conditions with vendors.
Allocation and Replenishment:
- Allocate merchandise to various store locations and channels based on demand patterns.
- Implement replenishment strategies to maintain ideal stock levels.
Open-to-Buy (OTB) Management:
- Monitor and manage the OTB budget to align with financial goals and sales forecasts.
- Report on budget performance and make adjustments as necessary.
- Collaborate with pricing teams to set competitive and profitable pricing strategies.
- Monitor pricing performance and recommend adjustments.
- Develop and execute markdown strategies to optimize inventory turnover and profitability.
- Analyze the impact of markdowns on overall financial performance.
Vendor and Supplier Relations:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, ensuring reliable partnerships.
- Negotiate favorable terms, lead times, and quality standards.
- Regularly analyze and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to merchandise planning.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions.
Market Research and Trend Analysis:
- Stay current with industry trends, competitor activities, and customer preferences.
- Incorporate market insights into assortment planning.
Collaboration with Cross-Functional Teams:
- Collaborate closely with marketing, sales, and operations teams to align merchandise strategies with business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising, or a related field.
- 5 years of proven experience as a Merchandise Planner in the fashion industry.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in using merchandise planning software and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a passion for fashion and trends.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous employee discount on Milano Di Rouge products
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A supportive and inclusive work culture
- Creative and collaborative work environment
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter to Careers@milanodirouge.com with the subject line "Merchandise Planner Application - [Your Name]".
Milano Di Rouge is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We thank all applicants for their interest in Milano Di Rouge, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.