San Francisco, CA | |
At Rothy’s, we know there’s a better way to do business, and it starts by putting the planet and its people first. More than 159 million single-use plastic bottles and 548,000+ pounds of ocean-bound marine plastic have been transformed into our signature thread, creating wardrobe staples that look just as good as they feel.
Striving for zero waste, we combine 3D knitting technology and handcrafted assembly to create machine washable styles that don’t compromise on comfort. From classic shoes to carry-everywhere bags, we create essentials for wherever you go.
Building a sustainable future is at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on fostering an inclusive environment at our HQ, retail stores and wholly-owned factory, and are growing our community every day.About The Team
The Merchandising and Planning team is always on top of the latest trends—using data, research, exceptional taste and expert analytical skills to ensure we’ve got the right product in the right places at the right time. They work closely with partners in Production, E-commerce and Retail to forecast, plan and manage our inventory—ensuring we delight our customers with products they love.
The Rothy’s Merchandise Planner will own the creation, management and execution of end to end sales, gross margin, and merchandise planning strategies to achieve or exceed seasonal plans. They will collaborate with the merchandising team to ensure each seasonal assortment maximizes sales, GM$ while optimizing inventory. They will partner closely with Production to ensure clear communication to support Production’s needs, influence Production to optimize delivery timing to maximize sales and GM$. They will support the Director, Merchandise Planning to influence Company Planning on plans and forecasts.What You’ll Do
Primary point-person / owner for all things related to Men’s, Women’s Seasonal and Sport Footwear for sales, GM, inventory and receipts.
Post-Season / Pre-Season
- Hindsight: Maximize sales and GM$ while optimizing inventory levels through rigorous hind-sighting to identify risks and opportunities at a monthly and quarterly level, including assortment content from multiple product attributes, optimal CC breath, optimal depth, optimal total receipt level
- Assortment: Influence cross functional partners using powerfully synthesized and articulated analysis from the hindsight work regarding breadth, depth, content
- Financials: Development of pre-season category financial targets that align with seasonal product strategy (Maximize sales and GM$) and include sales, gross margin and inventory
- Financial Alignment: Own, negotiate, communicate financial targets vs. bottom up roll across OTB, Investment Review and Hindsight process for your functional area to the cross functional team
- Product Performance Analysis: Track weekly, monthly and quarterly sales and inventory performance vs. plan and projections to identify and communicate business opportunities and risks through both weekly and monthly OTB meetings
- Macro Mindset: Recognize macro-economic or socio-cultural events that can impact demand magnitude changes to particular product, or product attributes. Recommend how to react from an investment or in-season management perspective
- Production Partnership: Partner with production and logistics teams to communicate replenishment and initial order needs and timelines. Influence and manage up to ensure optimal delivery timing
- Reporting: Develop, run and publish reporting to the cross functional team as the one version of the truth
- Develop and evolve planning tools with head of merchandise planning and merchandising cross-functional partners
- Curious and proactive - a self starter with a bias for action
- Team Player - collaborative and enjoy working with cross functional teams
- Energized by working for an innovative brand
- Strong drive to maximize sales, GM$ while optimizing inventory levels
- Know how to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results
- Ability to clearly and influentially articulate point of view to both peers and upper management by showcasing strong written, verbal and graphical presentation skills
- Self-start, manage self-productivity, manage up to maximize your contribution and job satisfaction / enjoyment
- Proficiency to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business
- Quickly develop tool and system proficiency
- Generous paid time off
- 401k matching
- Comprehensive health plans for you and your family
- Supplemental mental health benefits
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program!
Base pay is one part of the total rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Rothy's is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. In support of that, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before their first day with Rothy's if allowed by applicable state law. If you have a health-related need or religious belief that prevents you from getting the vaccine, let's chat so we can explore reasonable accommodations. Have questions or concerns? Just let your recruiter know. We're happy to walk through them.