Merchandise Planner, Fashion Lifestyle Group
At Deckers Brands, Together, Every Step is a promise kept that every employee can bring their authentic self, is valued and supported, as a whole person, at work and beyond. Together, Every Step is how we continue to deliver exceptional business results, experience an amazing place to work, and have a positive impact on the communities and world around us.
Job Title: Merchandise Planner, Fashion Lifestyle Group
Reports to: Sr Merchandise Planner, Fashion Lifestyle Group
Location: Goleta, CA or Remote
Interested applicants must reside in one of the following approved states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
Join our dynamic retail team and become a key player in shaping the future of Koolaburra and UGG Outlet! We are seeking a talented Merchandise Planner to drive retail success by forecasting demand, optimizing inventory levels, driving inventory strategies, and communicating with various teams to achieve business goals. If you thrive in a collaborative environment, possess analytical prowess, and have a passion for retail, we want to hear from you!
We celebrate diversity--of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- Conducting demand forecasting and analysis for efficient inventory management
- Developing and implementing inventory strategies to meet sales and margin targets
- Collaborating closely with Buying and Merchandising teams to align and execute on strategies
- Communicating and presenting effectively to cross-functional teams and leadership
- A self-starter who brings passion, enthusiasm, and focus to their work
- Able to guide partners and influence decision making
- An open, curious, and adaptive problem-solver
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Merchandise Planner or in a similar retail role
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with proficiency in Excel
- Effective communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of retail math and understanding of merchandising principles
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
The salary range posted reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this role in our Goleta, CA location. Individual pay will be determined by location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.